• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling on an Auction House

8 posts in this topic

I am looking to send a bunch of books off to auction and was wondering:

Which auction houses will make the executive decision to send your books off to be graded and/or pressed? I am particularly interested the pressing part.

I am considering comiclink, mycomicshop and pedigree comics but am open to consider any.

What is the approximately value of the books (individually and in total)? Value plays a big part here, large books are generally only candidates.. The only real reason to work through the auction house is if you cannot pay for the slabbing costs yourself and need them to "loan" you the money to be taken out of the auction earnings.

It is typically easier to work with a known presser from the boards or through CGC and have them submit the books directly to CGC. Then have them shipped from CGC to the auction house.

Does CGC ship direct to auction houses if the books didn't come from them? I wasn't aware they ship to third parties.

Yup. I send them a number of books and they ship them directly to MCS for me as they are lesser value books that aren't worth shipping to Canada and then 99% of the time back to the USA.

Does CGC ship direct to auction houses if the books didn't come from them? I wasn't aware they ship to third parties.

They will ship to almost any address you give them.

Well, if this is the case, can all of you guys have CGC send your books to my address then? :takeit:lol

I am looking to send a bunch of books off to auction and was wondering:

Which auction houses will make the executive decision to send your books off to be graded and/or pressed? I am particularly interested the pressing part.

I am considering comiclink, mycomicshop and pedigree comics but am open to consider any.

We can do what you're asking about: review books and advise on what should be encapsulated and/or would be worth pressing. Contact our consignment director Este Bagato if you want to consign or want more info: phone 682-232-4855, email consign@mycomicshop.com.