• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lots of talk lately about drek. Example. Specific examples

83 posts in this topic

I thought about post-Unity Magnus and can see the argument for its not being drek because John Ostrander's a phenomenal writer.

I just personally couldn't get into it.

I do recall Magnus 21-25 being far better than Magnus 17-20, however.

To me, Drek has always been the stuff that clogs up bargain bins, that you can't even give away. It's not a comment on the quality of the book itself. For all I know, Sun Devils, Skreemer, Sonic Disruptors, mid-90's Valiants, Force Works etc may be great books, but they just sit there, unloved and unwanted, forever and ever.

That's the definition of "drek" I was working from... I've spent many hours in those bargain bins. (thumbs u

To me, Drek has always been the stuff that clogs up bargain bins, that you can't even give away. It's not a comment on the quality of the book itself. For all I know, Sun Devils, Skreemer, Sonic Disruptors, mid-90's Valiants, Force Works etc may be great books, but they just sit there, unloved and unwanted, forever and ever.

That's the definition of "drek" I was working from... I've spent many hours in those bargain bins. (thumbs u

Same here bud, I live and die by those 50 cent and dollar bins, and am simply resigned to the fact that I'll spend the rest of my life pawing over copies of Secret Avengers. It's just the way of the world.