• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HBO Max's YOUNG JUSTICE series (2021)
2 2

99 posts in this topic

Young Justice Season 3 Officially Announced

http://media.comicbook.com/2016/11/yj-s3-poster-209872.jpg

After years of campaigning and months of binge-watching by fans, Young Justice Season 3 is finally going to be a reality.

Warner Bros. Animation today announced that Young Justice Season 3 has begun production. According to the release, Young Justice Season 3 “promises new twists, turns and dangerous new threats for the team, but most importantly, the opportunity for fans to finally continue the adventures of some of their favorite Super Heroes.”

Warner Bros. Animation did not reveal a release date or a network partner for Young Justice Season 3 at this time but did promise that more details were on the way.

Young Justice was a critically-acclaimed and fan-favorite animated series featuring a large roster of characters from the DC Comics Universe. The series coupled attractive animation and character design with rich, textured, long-form storytelling. Young Justice was watched by 25 million unique viewers in each of its two seasons on Cartoon Network.

“The affection that fans have had for Young Justice, and their rallying cry for more episodes, has always resonated with us,” said Sam Register, President, Warner Bros. Animation and Warner Digital Series, in a statement "We are excited to bring the show back for this loyal fanbase and to provide an opportunity for new viewers to discover this excellent series.”

Netflix or Cartoon Network?

DC movies seem to get a mixed response from fans, but they rock when it comes to the animated stuff. Now can they please bring back the Green Lantern cartoon too? It's bad enough I have to wait until 2020 for a movie, and knowing Warner Bros it will probably have G'nort as the main GL. But that animated show had everything that the GL movie lacked.

DC movies seem to get a mixed response from fans, but they rock when it comes to the animated stuff. Now can they please bring back the Green Lantern cartoon too? It's bad enough I have to wait until 2020 for a movie, and knowing Warner Bros it will probably have G'nort as the main GL. But that animated show had everything that the GL movie lacked.

They should definitely bring back Green Lantern - The Animated Series. Great show.

You don't have to wait until 2020 for a movie... There's one available to watch right now. It's got the Deadpool guy in it. Best movie ever... ;)

They should definitely bring back Green Lantern - The Animated Series. Great show.

You don't have to wait until 2020 for a movie... There's one available to watch right now. It's got the Deadpool guy in it. Best movie ever... ;)

Green Lantern: The Animated Series was a lot of fun. And it was kid-safe as well, that I could watch it with my children. It was a letdown when they dropped this series.

I agree with you on the Green Lantern: The Extended Cut. A better movie, though it still has Paralaxatize the rolling sewer cloud and Hector Hammond. The focus early in the movie on Hal's worship of his father makes you connect more with the character. There is much more potential shown - which makes it a bummer they missed all that opportunity.

The real GL movie winner is First Flight. Again, the DCAU does it right!

Which Network Will Young Justice 3 Air On?

Here at ComicBook.com, we’ve got our own suspicions as well about Young Justice’s future home which you can read up on below.

Netflix

Young Justice will most likely erect its new headquarters over at Netflix. Ever since the streaming site acquired rights to broadcast the series, fans have flocked to Netflix to watch Young Justice on repeat.

For almost a year now, rumors have been circulating that Netflix was interested in reviving Young Justice for a third season because of its viewership. The show’s cast and crew were vocal about their interests in a revival, and all the show needed was a network to debut on.

Cartoon Network/Toonami

Of course, there’s always the chance that Cartoon Network would welcome the series back to its line-up. After all, Young Justice did originally premiere on the cable network back in November 2010.

However, the network was forced to cancel both Young Justice and Green Lantern: The Animated Series after three years once funding ran dry. Since Young Justice has an avid fanbase behind it these days, Cartoon Network might be willing to take a gamble on the acclaimed series yet again.

Hulu

While Hulu might seen like a non-option, the popular streaming site could certainly carry Young Justice’s third season. The premium website does dabble with its own original content, and Hulu did recently confirm its new partnership with Marvel Television. The two have come together to create a Runaways series, so Hulu might be interested in adding a much-coveted DC Entertainment title to its expanding line-up.

CW Seed

If all else fails, then CW Seed could definitely take the weight of Young Justice upon its shoulders. The site, which is connected to The CW, currently houses several DC Entertainment projects like Arrow, The Flash, and more. The streaming site even has its own original animated series like Vixen and will soon debut its new show, Freedom Fighters: The Ray.

Some interesting options.

Exclusive: Young Justice Showrunners Vietti and Weisman Thank Fans for Season 3

The news broke late Monday via a press release from Warner Bros Animation. A significant part of that news, though, is that the original creative team of executive producers Brandon Vietti and Greg Weisman would also be returning to the series to helm season 3.

Comicbook.com reached out to Vietti, and he had this to say.

"I just want to pass along a very heartfelt THANK YOU to all the fans that supported Young Justice and never gave up hope. I am truly amazed and grateful that so many of our fans all over the world were able to come together and make their voices heard. Young Justice season 3 is happening because of them!"

There you have it, fans, you made Young Justice season 3 happen.

Greg Weisman is likewise excited and celebrating the news - and the victory for fans.

"I am incredibly psyched to be going back to Warner Bros. and Young Justice," Weisman told Comicbook.com. " I start at WB on Monday, 11/14. And can't wait for Brandon and I to dig in and get our hands dirty."

:applause:

I knew Reynolds would bounce back, but I would have thought Lively was heading directly to the Lifetime Channel, until I saw The Shallows. Both of them had a great year in movies.

I knew Reynolds would bounce back, but I would have thought Lively was heading directly to the Lifetime Channel, until I saw The Shallows. Both of them had a great year in movies.

Is that a bit like Jaws...?

Is that a bit like Jaws...?

More like Open Water meets Soul Survivor. My only fault was the ending, but the it was probably what the audience paid for. I've been working with a little Albanian man all week who is obsessed with Steven Seagal, so I call him "Steven Seagull" from that movie. lol

Five Young Justice Plot Threads Season 3 Needs To Resolve

ComicBook.com has looked back at Young Justice and chosen five particular subplots that we are eager to see explore further in Young Justice Season 3.

The Light and Darkseid

The most obvious plot that needs to be returned to in Young Justice Season 3 is that of the Light's relationship with Darkseid, ruler of Apokolips.

Apokolips' presence was felt throughout Young Justice's initial run. Apokolips supplied arms to multiple factions on planet Earth, granting the Light the technology to travel via Boom Tube. Desaad also supplied arms to the international crime organization called Intergang.

Doctor Fate

Zatara was still serving as Doctor Fate's host when Young Justice was canceled, despite an attempt by Zatanna to free her father. this has caused a lot of angst for Zatanna, who has essentially lost her father.

Arsenal

Taking the new codename Arsenal, Roy joined forces with the Justice League and the team in order to stop "Endgame," but chose to pursue a solo career after that.

Young Justice Season 3 will hopefully dive into what happened to Arsenal after the events of "Endgame." One interesting possibility is that Young Justice Season 3 could team Arsenal up with the Red Hood, a.ka. Jason Todd.

Lex Luthor

Positioning Luthor in a seat of international power is similar to the President Lex Luthor storyline that ran through DC Comics in the early 2000s but on a more global scale. Luthor and the Light are clearly playing the long game here, and Young Justice Season 3 should reveal more about what that game is really about.

Kid Flash

There's a feeling among Young Justice fans that Wally's story isn't over. Too many speedster stories involve members of the Flash family disappearing during a heroic run, only to reemerge - usually from the Speed Force or after doing some time traveling - down the road. Fans are eagerly anticipated such a return from Wally West.

Young Justice Season 3 Showrunners Want New Comic Book Series As Well

young-justice-209927.jpg

In a recent blog post, Weisman wrote to fans and explained how much he and Vietti want to embark on another Young Justice comic run.

“Brandon Vietti and I are hard at work on Season Three of the Young Justice television series. But (a) we just got started and (2) making animated episodes takes a LONG time. (Ten months minimum. MINIMUM.)” he wrote.

“So, if you want more new YJ stories sooner, the answer is pretty simple. Artist Christopher Jones and I are chomping at the bit to make more YOUNG JUSTICE stories in comic book form. Producing a comic book takes considerably less time than producing television episodes,so if we got a green light on a comic book series now, you could theoretically have new stories in a matter of months.”

Weisman went on to give fans instructions on how they could convince the comic titan to hear them out. In order to make DC Comics listen, the creator told fans they need to buy pre-existing Young Justice comics so the publisher can see sales increases.

“Issues #0 - #25 of our companion YJ comic have been collected into four trade paperbacks. (And ALL of these stories are canon to the series, with time stamps and everything. In fact, stuff in Season Three will play off of stuff from Seasons One and Two AND from the comics.) The best way to show DC that you want more comics is to purchase these stories electronically on the DC APP, on COMIXOLOGY, or on iTUNES,” Weisman explained.

Guess it is time to update the thread title. Hello 'DC Digital TV'.

TITANS Live-Action Series & YOUNG JUSTICE: OUTSIDERS Set To Debut On A New Digital Service From DC

Ever since TNT decided to pass on DC Entertainment's Titans pilot early last year, not much has been said about the studio's future plans for the Teen Titans and with the recent news of a Nightwing solo movie being in development, it wouldn't have been a stretch to assume that the Titans project was effectively dead. However, as fate would have it, that was anything but the case. 

In an official press release, Warner Bros. has announced their very own DC-exclusive direct-to-consumer digital service, which will launch in 2018 with two original series: the live-action superhero drama series Titans and the long-awaited third season of Young Justice.

Grayson will lead the Titans team, which will consist of heroes recruited from every corner of the DC Universe, including the now-confirmed Starfire and Raven. The rest of the roster remains a bit of a mystery, but based on the The New Teen Titans #1 cover provided with the press release, it seems likely that it will be rounded out with some combination of Beast Boy, Cyborg, Kid Flash, and/or Wonder Girl. Akiva Goldsman, Geoff Johns, and Greg Berlanti will write the pilot and will also executive produce alongside Sarah Schechter.

Check out the first synopses below:

In “Young Justice: Outsiders,” the teenage Super Heroes of the DC Universe come of age in an animated world of super-powers, Super-Villains and super secrets. In the highly anticipated new season, the team faces its greatest challenge yet as it takes on meta-human trafficking and the terrifying threat it creates for a society caught in the crossfire of a genetic arms race spanning the globe and the galaxy. Equally praised by critics and viewers for its impressive visuals and rich storytelling, “Young Justice” reached more than 25 million unique viewers in each of its two seasons on Cartoon Network. This passionate fan support set the stage for the new third season.

Edited by Bosco685

I assume they crunched the numbers, and it made sense for them to launch their own service. Also, they may have decided that if they don't move to streaming now, they'll miss the boat. They may even be willing to run the service at a loss for several years to build up a subscriber base.

It remains to be seen how this will play out for consumers, but I for one am happy to be able to move away from monopolistic cable packages to the "a la carte" model.

For me, a compelling streaming service should include

• Convenience - access content on any device (Smart TV, Roku, Phone, PC) and jump between devices.
  • Usability - App(s). are performant and easy to navigate
  • Content - Minimum 2 brand new episodes every week, plus a solid collection of *exclusive* content from their back catalog
  • Flexibility - Let me share the subscription with my family, choose from multiple plans where appropriate, and let me easily pause/resume my subscription when I need to take a break

It should be noted that Warners already has a streaming service. I'm curious to see if they will consolidate, or just run several different services with overlapping content.