• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Discounts from Harley Yee on BA?

10 posts in this topic

Want to buy high grade bronze from Harley Yee but want to buy it for less? Well, we can give you the next best thing. All of our bronze is Harley-graded, but we have it priced much lower than he does.

How did this happen? Harley used to split collections with his protege, John Procter. When John retired we bought John's entire inventory. (About 60,000 comics.) Included was box after box of HG bronze. Harley did all the grading on these and you'll recognize his sticker on all the bags. We've got Marvel A to Z, DC A to Z, plus a really surprising amount of Gold Key, Charlton, Whitman, Harvey, etc. There are probably a couple 12-centers and 15-centers left but just loads of 20-cent to 35-cent covers, plus a good number of oversized from the 1970s. These go all the way up to Harley's NM+ but we list NM and NM+ as just NM on our site.

We ship within 48 hours and have free domestic shipping with $30 order. As a bonus I think you'll find our site amazingly easy to use.

A lot of the local forum members can vouch for this as they've seen them in person.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Marc

I didn't see a search option for JIMs.

And I didn't see any listed under Thor either.

confused-smiley-013.gif

Sorry about that. We should add JIM to the convenient pulldown menu. They are still accessible by searching four different ways. 1) Title search. This is best as you will just get both Marvel series that way. Just type in Journey Into Mystery. 2) Publisher search by Marvel. This will get you something like 500 pages so not optimal but they are in there. 3) Age search under Silver Age. Again, this will get you a lot of pages. 4) Genre search by "superhero." This will get you TONS of pages. So title search is best.

Of course our JIM 73 (low grade) would show up under the Mystery genre search, not Superhero.

Thanks for looking at the site--appreciate it.

Marc

I concur. I discovered Marc's table at Wondercon 2005 and was there every day, always expanding my wants and buying a LOT of HG BA horror and some her0-horror. My first Dollar Comics came from there. Also an all-around great guy and a gentleman. thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

Marc - one suggestion - as regards the advanced search, any chance of including Ages?

I concur. I discovered Marc's table at Wondercon 2005 and was there every day, always expanding my wants and buying a LOT of HG BA horror and some her0-horror. My first Dollar Comics came from there. Also an all-around great guy and a gentleman. thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

Michael, that's really nice of you to say. I hope we can get a few of you SF Bay Area guys to come over to Berkeley real soon. Whenver I see hero-horror these days I think of you!

Btw everyone, I was really lucky to be seated next to POV at the Wondercon forum dinner. Cool, funny guy. But you knew that from reading thousands of his posts...

Marc

Marc - one suggestion - as regards the advanced search, any chance of including Ages?

I am really delighted to take suggestions from everyone. In fact, we have already added JIM to the Marvel and DC popular titles pulldown menu (thank you ACES!). The advanced search does need an update. We have lots of hidden fields in the database that have been painstakingly filled out so that we can search in lots of ways. But those aren't fully reflected yet. We also should add an ability to seach by dollar figure and grade.

Of course marketing suggestions are also welcome. We've been in Overstreet for years, Comic Book Marketplace, comicon.com, Google ad words, CBG, etc. But still not very well known despite having one of the best online inventories. (35,000 comics, without counting any from the glut years. Ie, good stuff.)

Marc