• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four #5 incomplete

10 posts in this topic

Is it a story page?

Or is it a pin-up/ad page?

The only way to do it is buy another incomplete/coverless copy and marry the two.

I also have a few old comics missing a page or a fold. I go to ebay regularly and search "coverless", "no cover", and "poor". So far I have scored only one comic, an FF 15 which, even with postage, came to less than $5.00. I took the centrespread and threw the rest away. I am sure that I am not the only one doing this. Golden age books, in particular, go for a big whack of dough. I was beat out a few weeks ago on a coverless Journey into Mystery #92. I am looking for a coverless Tales to Astonish #44 after buying one missing a centrespread on ebay which was advertised as a "Good".

I also have a few old comics missing a page or a fold. I go to ebay regularly and search "coverless", "no cover", and "poor". So far I have scored only one comic, an FF 15 which, even with postage, came to less than $5.00. I took the centrespread and threw the rest away. I am sure that I am not the only one doing this. Golden age books, in particular, go for a big whack of dough. I was beat out a few weeks ago on a coverless Journey into Mystery #92. I am looking for a coverless Tales to Astonish #44 after buying one missing a centrespread on ebay which was advertised as a "Good".

WHY? You should have kept it for spare parts or resold it on ebay! Someone else might have needed it. foreheadslap.gif

I love piecing together incomplete comics. I once bought a copy of Iron Man #1 with a VF cover, but someone wrote all over the inside, and cut coupons out. I think I got it for $5. Then I bought a poor copy for the insides (funny how a comic's grade is usually solely based on the cover's condition). Switched the covers, and sold a VF copy. This was before the days of CGC and Overstreet's Grading Guide, where married covers aren't allowed in certain grades. Would probably have to call it a VG today.

yeah, i wouldn't be throwing out a centerfoldless beat to heck FF 15 either. all of those books have value to someone, even if it's only a buck or two or whatever. it isn't like copies of x-force 1 or something like that.

So far I have scored only one comic, an FF 15 which, even with postage, came to less than $5.00. I took the centrespread and threw the rest away.

Gak! I guess I'll have to keep looking for the pages to complete my FF #15 cover and centerspread-only copy...

poke2.gif

the missing page is page 1, just after the cover.

as Kasman says, I was thinking of finding a coverless copy and take what I need, but I don't know where to start from (I'm from Italy)

I tried Milehigh, Metropolis and some other online store, but they don't have any.

I tried on Ebay too, but found nothing.

should I keep on checking Ebay daily?

thank you all!

when i get my head out of my ___ and start putting stuff up on ebay again, I will be listing a beat to heck FF #5 that has all of its pages, although they ain't pretty.

And yes, coverless comics of that stature do get listed here on ebay, sometimes in lots, but an FF #5 would sell on its own.