• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pittsburgh Comicon - No Buzz, No comments?

7 posts in this topic

Who would want to trek all the way out to Pittsburgh, which isn't exactly the beauty spot of the United States, when there the convention season will be heating up all throughout May, June, July, August and September.

Some dealers and fans love the Pittsburgh show, but I haven't bothered to go in years because there's basically no reason to go.

I think there were only a few board members who attend this show anyway.

Who would want to trek all the way out to Pittsburgh, which isn't exactly the beauty spot of the United States...

Oh man, don't let my wife hear you say that. She's originally from there, and thinks it's the most beautiful place to live in the world. She's begging me to move back there. smile.gif

When I see two threads about a Toronto show and no threads about a Comicon going on this weekend it makes me FEEL GREAT that I'm not doing the show!

Did anybody go to the show this weekend?

I thought your comment on your site about only doing $108 there last year pretty much said it all!

I would've thought that there would've been a slight advantage this year to not competing with Wondercon. I think they were both on the same weekend in 2003 and 2004. Not that it would make that much difference but a few more dealers and big-spending fans might've attended.

Btw, it seemed to me that having Wondercon in Feb. didn't result in more national dealers setting up though I think more people (both non-setup dealers and big money collectors) traveled out for it this year, so that was a plus.

Best,

Marc

Oh man, don't let my wife hear you say that. She's originally from there, and thinks it's the most beautiful place to live in the world. She's begging me to move back there. smile.gif

gossip.gif The dirt and weeds (aka Desert Landscaping) of AZ isn't all that impressive either confused-smiley-013.gif