• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question About Marvel Team-Up #33

53 posts in this topic

Can't tell because the 2nd pic is cropped... but it has potential to be cut correctly at the bottom. Of course the pic cropping itself is suspicious... not that any sellers would intentionally hide a flaw... 27_laughing.gif

That is for SURE!

I would say that despite the intentional concealment of the flaw that it does most likely exist. If you look at the red portion above the red stripe, it is not straight but very much like the Mile High scan...only with the bottom cut out of the picture. I am 99.9% sure this has the same white portion in the bottom right corner. But since we can't see it, I think it's fair to say it's unknown.

Thanks for sharing!

I will email the seller to find out for sure. Until we actually see one for a fact, we should consider the comic's cut to be inconclusive.

Joe

I have always noticed this about the MTU #33's, and it appears that the white border is possibly part of the cover design...I have had many of these in my possession, and never had one without the white top border. MTU #29's have a similar distinction, where the top "margin" abover the Marvel "Strip" is kind of large, but that cover has a white background to begin with,

Eric

Can't tell because the 2nd pic is cropped... but it has potential to be cut correctly at the bottom. Of course the pic cropping itself is suspicious... not that any sellers would intentionally hide a flaw... 27_laughing.gif

But since we can't see it, I think it's fair to say it's unknown.

Thanks for sharing!

I will email the seller to find out for sure.

Joe

The cropped pic was from a past ebay auction, not a current one. Oct '04. The other pic is from a Dec '03 auction.

I just noticed that it was listed in the auction (and can barely be seen in the pic) that this was a MHII copy!

I'll PM you with buyer/seller ebay id info and you can track down and contact them if you'd like.

That is for SURE!

I would say that despite the intentional concealment of the flaw that it does most likely exist. If you look at the red portion above the red stripe, it is not straight but very much like the Mile High scan...only with the bottom cut out of the picture. I am 99.9% sure this has the same white portion in the bottom right corner.

Comparing the pic you pulled from MH and the one I have from ebay... you might start to think that they are the same slab. Can't make out the numbers too well in the ebay pic, but they do look roughly similar to those visible in the larger MH scan.

Can anyone do some photo-edit magic and put them side by side... maybe enhance the clarity of the small pic?

Comparing the pic you pulled from MH and the one I have from ebay... you might start to think that they are the same slab. Can't make out the numbers too well in the ebay pic, but they do look roughly similar to those visible in the larger MH scan.

Can anyone do some photo-edit magic and put them side by side... maybe enhance the clarity of the small pic?

They most likely are the same. The MHII collection had some doubles in its numbers of that run and others, but I bought a ton of Mile High II MTU's from Mile High then sold a bunch of them on eBay later on when they weren't as good as the copies I already had - although, as you can see, the #33 is one of the better cuts we've seen. This is the one I had, so it is definitely a miscut that we counted already.

Joe

CBG:

Another culprit is DD 158. Over the years I've only scene a handful of nice ones and only 1 perfectly centered one. Hopefully you guys all have perfectly centered 9.4's and 9.6's to show off...

I've wondered about MTU 33. Glad to see others thinking the same way...

--Gary

CBG:

Another culprit is DD 158. Over the years I've only scene a handful of nice ones and only 1 perfectly centered one. Hopefully you guys all have perfectly centered 9.4's and 9.6's to show off...

I've wondered about MTU 33. Glad to see others thinking the same way...

--Gary

The QP isn't perfect ...but the nicest one I could find.

0DD1589.jpg

Never noticed it before, but sure enough my OO copy of MTU33 has the white stripe at the top - weird, huh?

Got some very good QP going on my DD158, however:

dd158.jpg