• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade this Justice League #31

21 posts in this topic

I am thinking a 9.2. Nothing wrong with the back, nice OW/W pages. Closer to white. Top left corner is fuzzy, and maybe 1 spine mark that breaks the color. Also above the E in Justice there is a little mark. What do you guys think? Wondering if perhaps this is a tough one due to the black cover, or if its not worth even sending in.

justiceleague_31_042305.jpg

The mark above the E looks similiar to what SCS looks like. Maybe like a thumbnail crease or something.

Seeing as 9.4 is highest grade in the census. I doubt it will break that, or meet that. Wondering what that book in a 9.4 is worth.

9.0 sumo.gif but I'll only give you a 4.5 until I see the BC 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Divad, very curious why you are looking at a VF/NM 9.0 for the front cover? What do you see that puts in there for you. Thanks!

-bounty

BC,

I see what you guys see: The top two corners are a tad soft and there are 2 spine nicks on the lower left. We can't see the bottom of the RCFC because the scan is cut off, and there is no BC scan, so basically, I'm hedging my bet here.

And as we've discussed before, no BC scan, no full grade. But cutting off the LRC is . . . well, it's annoying at best. Hey, I know I'm being picky, but isn't that why we're here? 27_laughing.gif

Still . . . takeit.gif

I'll tell you one thing....that logo was printed like krap! I thought it was just your scan but I looked at other copies of the book and the printing on that issue is atrocious. I'm not sure why, but the stat they were using for the paste up must have been garbage. I dunno. confused-smiley-013.gif

Take a look. Yechh!

jlalogo.jpg

I agree with the consensus so far, 9.0.

The biggest problem with issues like this is that you would have to submit it under the Ecnomy tier, which would run you $29.00 plus shipping. So if it did come back as a 9.0, you would still have to clear the grading fee.

I have no idea what 9.0 copies of this issue run according to GPA. According to the census, 46% of the copies grade 9.0 or higher (12 out of 26).

Do you think its worth sending in Burnt?

IMHO - most early/mid 60's SA book that will likely grade out at 9.0 or better is a definite candidate for slabbing. even if it were to come back as an 8.0 or 8.5, you'd likely do better pricewise than an e-bay raw 9.2................submit it econ (if you can wait that long) for approx $23. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I don't know, if I was to submit I probably would use the Standard service for the $17 more. I don't think I am looking at a 9.2/9.4 and up here, so I might just forget it. Then again, some have pulled high grades out of thin air.

I just figured since it was a black cover it would have been rare to see it in any higher tiered grade.

Death- do the 9.0s on GPA ever break $150?

I don't know, if I was to submit I probably would use the Standard service for the $17 more. I don't think I am looking at a 9.2/9.4 and up here, so I might just forget it. Then again, some have pulled high grades out of thin air.

I just figured since it was a black cover it would have been rare to see it in any higher tiered grade.

Death- do the 9.0s on GPA ever break $150?

Ask Tomega - I hear he just signed up! 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

I want to sign up, but $7-8 a month isn't worth it to me. I need figures like 1-2 times every few months.

If you buy or sell slabbed books, you'll make up for the cost on every transaction, nevermind the data analysis luxury. makepoint.gif

At a minimum, you should sign up for the free version, and upgrade to the paid version when you get a slew of slabs in. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif