• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers in Georgia Straight

9 posts in this topic

The strong hammer prices for the EVO and GBW lots of tabs that sold at Heritage over the weekend really surprised me. I've always been a fan of the tabloid and odd-formats but regrettably sold all my EVO and GBW tabs years ago.

I'm glad I did hang on to this - FFFB in Georgia Straight (an "underground press" located in Vancouver, B.C.), dated Aug 26 - Sept 2, 1970. Just thought I'd share:

166171.jpg.336cce986a4e37240d7812918d15da51.jpg

I eBayed some of those UG-related Georgia Straights about 5 years ago. Was happy to get btwn $45 to $85 each for them. Some of the 1970s Georgia Straights had the 1st and early (thumbs u appearances of classic Rand Holmes UG strips.

Per bronty:

the Vaughn Bode and Rand Holmes original UG related artwork is selling at HA.com at increasingly higher values. Bode passed away at a young age, and there is very little Holmes OA extant.

The strong hammer prices for the EVO and GBW lots of tabs that sold at Heritage over the weekend really surprised me. I've always been a fan of the tabloid and odd-formats but regrettably sold all my EVO and GBW tabs years ago.

I'm glad I did hang on to this - FFFB in Georgia Straight (an "underground press" located in Vancouver, B.C.), dated Aug 26 - Sept 2, 1970. Just thought I'd share:

That's pretty cool. Didn't Boswells Reid Fleming start in that paper (or one like it) up in Victoria B.C. ?

That's pretty cool. Didn't Boswells Reid Fleming start in that paper (or one like it) up in Victoria B.C. ?

Good memory - yes it did make it's start in Georgia Straight :)

Good memory - yes it did make it's start in Georgia Straight :)

:acclaim: