• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STUKAS OVER BEDROCK MARKETPLACE REPORT #1

Can you top this?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Can you top this?

25 posts in this topic

yay.gifmakepoint.gif news.gifyay.gif893censored-thumb.gif

STUKAS OVER BEDROCK MARKETPLACE REPORT

by

ART FINE

I May Have

THE LARGEST “5000” CHARLTON COLLECTION

&

THE LARGEST “5000” SILVER/BRONZE LOVE/ROMANCE COLLECTION

CAN YOU TOP THIS? IF NOT, SEND ME YOUR WANT LIST

FOR YOUR RAW CGC APPROVAL

MINTY FRESH GEMS

amongst the

CAVALCADE OF CR/ -!P

THE TAROT: WITCH OF THE BLACK ROSE & CAVEWOMAN ARE SUPER HOT, NOW, & WILL STAY HOT, FOREVER, DUE TO THE LOW PRINT RUN.

& I SHOULDN’T HAVE TO MENTION THE PERFECTED “BAD GIRL” ART THEME AS WELL AS THE UNRESTRAINED GLEE WITH WHICH I APPRECIATE IT

SOME OF THESE CHARLTONS WOULD BE THE HIGHEST/TOP/#1/BEST CGC RANK

CHARLTONS

{of CONNECTICUT}

Mother's Day is May 8th - start safely shopping now with Many of the Charlton horror, love and war books from the late sixties and early seventies are undiscovered gems if you like oddball weird comics. A lot of the artists are unknown and very well might stay that way. Some of it might be unsigned bad art by artists whose names you might recognize. Can you spot the knockoff? These guys had to crank the artwork out fast and on time, or else no paycheck. There’s bound to be some loss of quality.

CHARLTON LOVE/ROMANCE

These books are still unresearched in Overstreet for the most part. Many are very esoteric, with stories still somewhat taboo at that time - cheating, underage sex, wild parties, marijuana, bad crowds, spanking panels, slapping panels, shower scenes, negligee panels, etc.

There is a nice copy of a classic spanking cover that isn’t mentioned in Overstreet and a nice copy of Romantic Secrets. Nice art from the Charlton bullpen at that time including Vince Collette, Jim Aparo, E.R.Garcia, & M. Waldinger.

The writers wanted to be "with it" but in many cases just didn't know quite how; interesting "generation gap" comics emerged as the publishers tried to be hip.

Haircuts, fashion and slang in these comics kind of captures that memorable late 1960's and tasteless mid-1970s era of groovy hippies and hot disco music.

Charlton, however, had the best/worst stories. Based on the Horror Art and Stories by Steve “Spiderman, Dr. Strange” Ditko really had it in for those beatnicks and hippy hippies. They were made to suffer. Ditko was an odd duck.

CHARLTON WAR

Real sociological and psychological period pieces.

Vietnam Viet Nam.

Some people say they use politically incorrect language.

Lots of Huns, Krauts, Nips, Chinks, etc.

We’re talking about the Sixties 60’S & Seventies 70’s here.

All the usual tyrant cameos: Hitler, Stalin, et al.

All the usual historically pivotal battles

fought by the U.S.

against the usual historical enemies of the U.S.

Nice art from the Charlton bullpen at that time. SANHO KIM, ACALSCA, PAT BOYETTE, SUTTON and PAM.

VISIT PORT WATSON

home of

LUXXCORP

Proud Sponsor of

THE CAVALCADE OF [#@$%!!!]

FOR YOUR ODDBALL FASCINATIONS & YOUR WEIRDO NEEDS

http://groups.ebay.com/forum.jspa?forumID=300000458

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...SID=#Post791104

You should consider outsourcing your marketing on message boards to some poor thrid world guy who will work for fifty cents an hour. You have at least a fifty percent chance that their english skills are better than yours.

I thought Pov and myself often have poor syntax/grammer/spelling here, but this guy makes both of us look like friggen noble prize canidates in literature.

Is that you? Because emoticons are there to express the WRITERS' emotions; so the intent of the post is to be clearer.

Have you any Raw (Unslabbed) hi grade CHARLTON HORROR?

\

LET"S TRADE>Needs to fill in number gaps in my collection.

Oh Luxx, how unoriginal. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Just when I was starting to think you were weird but witty.How many times are you going to give this same cookie cutter reply to people on the boards??? So are you just a shill or the real deal? Time will tell. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Since this is the MAGAZINE section, you would have gotten better reactions elsewhere on these boards with your wares. Try the marketplace, guy.

Is that you? Because emoticons are there to express the WRITERS' emotions; so the intent of the post is to be clearer.

Have you any Raw (Unslabbed) hi grade CHARLTON HORROR?

\

LET"S TRADE>Needs to fill in number gaps in my collection.

Oh Luxx, how unoriginal. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Just when I was starting to think you were weird but witty.How many times are you going to give this same cookie cutter reply to people on the boards??? So are you just a shill or the real deal? Time will tell. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Since this is the MAGAZINE section, you would have gotten better reactions elsewhere on these boards with your wares. Try the marketplace, guy.

Better yet, try the Card Forum; there's NOBODY there to bother !!!

We have a card forum? gossip.gif

And how !!!

It's a Madhouse,....a Madhouse in that wacky-crazy place !!!

If you thought Comics General was whack, wait till you see this place !!! makepoint.gif

gossip.gif They're already up to 333 threads !!! 893whatthe.gif

**** DANGER ROOM ****

Half of the "Current Responses" to threads are from March. 27_laughing.gif