• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should this be a restored label?

10 posts in this topic

Clearly someone tried to remove the "1"

It only gets a restored label if restorative methods were used (such as aqueous cleaning, etc)

If someone uses an erasure it generally isn't considered restoration.

doh!

This is the Golden Record Reprint. It was not printed with a price or issue number. Once upon a time, somebody took a marker to it and wrote in a #"1" and "10¢".

Oh I know, I was just wondering if obviously ink removal here would be restoration, I guess its fine as long as it's dry erased.

It does raise an interesting question.

If someone used acrylic materials and attempted to make the "#1" and "$0.10" look original would it then be resto?

Clearly someone tried to remove the "1"

It only gets a restored label if restorative methods were used (such as aqueous cleaning, etc)

If someone uses an erasure it generally isn't considered restoration.

:foryou: Thanks :)

It does raise an interesting question.

If someone used acrylic materials and attempted to make the "#1" and "$0.10" look original would it then be resto?

I would think it would be considered a defect as opposed to resto.

This. It would be the same as someone writing on a book with the exception of date/store/names as in the case of certain pedigree books.