• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED- GGA- 20% OFF! Tonight Only! See first post for books

363 posts in this topic

I'll take it Rick!

My apologies for not posting [Planet 70 takeit] in thread first, I was equivocating about it.

If Mr. Robot Man wants it I'm okay with that too - it is a placeholder for me, I only have a small solar system of planets (47, 50, 64, 73 and a slabbed 68), several of which I got from Rick.

I really don't mind waiting, it's not so much a 'collection' as a sampling to get rolling. And it was company for the #44 I just got.

Heck yes, only if you don't need it. You were on it first. I love that cover and don't have that one. Maybe it's the holidays or sumpthin but boardies are just so darn nice these days. Many thanks grebal!

^^

Nice consolation prize. I had a gig with my band the night you put all this stuff up and missed the whole thing. One of the best sales threads I've ever seen here. Glad you got a nice Junior #15 Rick. One of my favorites.

You must really be a kid at heart to part with all this great GGA for a Peanuts strip. But sounds like you love it and that is what is really all about anyway!

Heck yes, only if you don't need it. You were on it first. I love that cover and don't have that one. Maybe it's the holidays or sumpthin but boardies are just so darn nice these days. Many thanks grebal!

My pleasure, Robot Dude, enjoy!

Really I should be shopping for my Kris Kringle with that money anyway. ; )

Thanks my friend! With that spirit I'm sure Santa will be very good to you this year!

I'll take it Rick!

My apologies for not posting [Planet 70 takeit] in thread first, I was equivocating about it.

If Mr. Robot Man wants it I'm okay with that too - it is a placeholder for me, I only have a small solar system of planets (47, 50, 64, 73 and a slabbed 68), several of which I got from Rick.

I really don't mind waiting, it's not so much a 'collection' as a sampling to get rolling. And it was company for the #44 I just got.

Grebal,

I believe there is still a raw copy of Planet #70 in 3.5 on ComicLink with a BIN of $95.00 (or make an offer). Might work well as a placeholder for you.

But, this is the main reason I did this thread and the last big thread. Growing up my grandpa would read the newspaper while I sat at his feet and read the funnies. Peanuts was my favorite and they would buy me the compilation paperbacks and whenever I stayed at my grandparents I would read those at night before I turned out the light in the spare bedroom they kept for me. I would spend my weekends with them and I loved it. Of course, I always watched the holiday specials on TV at their house too.

I was very happy to pick up this one:

Political_strip.jpgimage hosting 10mb limit

Wow, soooo pretty! Classic sexual innuendo cover as well...

I got mine signed inside by Al at a con many years ago. We both got a good laugh out of it.

WOW! That is awesome!! I wish I could have met him or had something signed by him. He is my favorite followed by Wood and Renee and then Baker.

But, this is the main reason I did this thread and the last big thread. Growing up my grandpa would read the newspaper while I sat at his feet and read the funnies. Peanuts was my favorite and they would buy me the compilation paperbacks and whenever I stayed at my grandparents I would read those at night before I turned out the light in the spare bedroom they kept for me. I would spend my weekends with them and I loved it. Of course, I always watched the holiday specials on TV at their house too.

Great story, Rick. ?

That is very cool. (thumbs u

I've owned several of those for some time now and have no idea on their market value.

If you don't mind me asking what are they going for and what year is yours?

Many years ago I found four of those at the Rose Bowl flea market for $25. each. I ending up selling them for the mile high figure of $1500 each. Little did I know...

I also went to high school with a guy that ended up "ghosting" Peanuts for Schultz in the late 1970's.

If I only knew then what I know now.

How many more books are you gonna list today? My wife wants to drag me away.

I also went to high school with a guy that ended up "ghosting" Peanuts for Schultz in the late 1970's.

Just curious about this, I've never heard of Schulz using a 'ghost' (except on the comic book version published by Dell/gold key). Any more info on this?

I am pretty good on my Peanuts stuff. These are the compilation books (have all the original paperbacks downstairs and a lot of the larger treasury type special books). Have the Lego bobbleheads and Hungerford dolls too. There is a lot of Peanuts ephemera out there I stay away from though too.

IMG_1178.jpg IMG_1179.jpg

IMG_1180.jpg IMG_1181.jpg

print screen

Just curious about this, I've never heard of Schulz using a 'ghost' (except on the comic book version published by Dell/gold key). Any more info on this?

Long time ago. The kid was one of those weird kids who got picked on. Kind of a loner. His name was Andy (don't remember his last name). I heard at a party many years ago from his neighbor. He probably did work on the comic books.