• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM has lost it's way

49 posts in this topic

The "new" Spider design on the front of his costume is just driving me insane!!

This title has lost it's way in so many ways.

It makes me so sad.

I have been collecting ASM for 30+ years and it's just unreadable.

What Slott has done to the character is just shameful.

Slott and crew can't leave this title soon enough.

I have no idea how Marvel has allowed Peter/Spidey to turn into another Tony Stark/Iron Man.

The every day man quality about Peter has vanished and I have no idea who he is now.

It makes me so sad.

I have no idea how Marvel has allowed Peter/Spidey to turn into another Tony Stark/Iron Man.

The every day man quality about Peter has vanished and I have no idea who he is now.

It's more than just Spider-man. Most Marvel characters have been hollowed out.

It makes me so sad.

I like current iron man a lot more than current spiderman.

It makes me so sad.

I like current iron man a lot more than current spiderman.

I might be biased, but I feel like Marvel hit a quality peak in the sort of 05-08 range for a lot of their comics, and then all the realignments for the movies, and the gimmicks for the comic bubble, destroyed most of the amazing quality that had started to build up.

The Extremis story arc got me buying ironman comics again, civil war actually got me pulling spider-man(i dont like/collect spiderman), but both have fallen away from my pull list as things have progressed.

I am a legacy collector of ASM, Iron Man, Daredevil, and Uncanny X-Men. I have great runs of the original series and some of the renumbered (and then renumbered again) series. I gave up after the fourth time each of the series rebooted/renumbered/All New #1'd and just do not care any more. I will pick up issues that I am missing out of the original series, but just could care less about the current Marvel U.

It makes me so sad.

Maybe it's time for another "deal with the devil" :devil:

It makes me so sad.

Then stop buying them, or speculating on them, or whatever it it you do with them . . . (shrug)

I am a legacy collector of ASM, Iron Man, Daredevil, and Uncanny X-Men. I have great runs of the original series and some of the renumbered (and then renumbered again) series. I gave up after the fourth time each of the series rebooted/renumbered/All New #1'd and just do not care any more. I will pick up issues that I am missing out of the original series, but just could care less about the current Marvel U.

I agree completely, except the no "legacy" collector calls them uncanny . . . :baiting:

I agree completely, except the no "legacy" collector calls them uncanny . . . :baiting:

lol you did get me there. No egg on the face smiley though. Just so used to referring to it as such.

some do, just for clarity sake. Purists won't

I agree with the OP completely. For me though it's much more of an overall Marvel problem than it is just a Spider-Man problem. I hate to see people lose their jobs but in this case I think it needs to happen. Quesada, Brevoort and the rest of the House of Bad Ideas need to be shown the door. They're just churning out overpriced garbage for the most part. I like most of the Star Wars stuff and Thanos looks promising but the bulk of their superhero titles are a hot mess.

ASM has been bad for quite awhile.

The Civil War period was pretty decent, but that's about it.

Its like they have just forgotten how to write Spider-man all together.

Bring the Human torch back, or introduce some new side kicks with some humor.(Yes Deadpool has brought some laughs to the book.)

I try to dip back in every now and then (I keep Marvel Unlimited active) but it was rare to find anything I could sustain.

The last one was Aaron's Thor, I read that from #1 for what I believe was three arcs and it was solid. Mostly though? A pretty poor lineup of funny books.

some do, just for clarity sake. Purists won't

Quit living in the past, you dusty old fossils. The title change occurred over 35 years ago!

66 original issues

27 issues of pseudo-cancellation reprint junk

20 revived issues before Uncanny began to appear on the cover

28 more issues before Uncanny X-Men became the official title

195 issues before the true end of the Marvel Universe

208 more issues before Marvel realized they had a series that was still running legitimately in the triple digits and cancelled it

It makes me so sad.

Then stop buying them, or speculating on them, or

whatever it it you do with them . . . (shrug)

I love how the trolls come out of the woodwork and contribute zero to threads. Hilarious how they presume to know all the answers to everything and how everyone else is thinking.

Maybe my love for the character keeps me coming back. Or maybe I'm just hoping for my Bobby emerging from the shower moment.

More useful posts would be appreciated and less mocking will go a long way to making the boards great like they used to be, much like ASM.