• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM has lost it's way

49 posts in this topic

+1

When I started reading comics as a kid it was MJ and Peter. As a result, Sins of the Past was a very interesting take on a revised Spidey history. It never made sense to me that Osborn/Goblin would target Gwen without a bigger reason. This was a fun one.

The "new" Spider design on the front of his costume is just driving me insane!!

This title has lost it's way in so many ways.

It makes me so sad.

I have been collecting ASM for 30+ years and it's just unreadable.

What Slott has done to the character is just shameful.

Slott and crew can't leave this title soon enough.

I have no idea how Marvel has allowed Peter/Spidey to turn into another Tony Stark/Iron Man.

The every day man quality about Peter has vanished and I have no idea who he is now.

Yup.

I don't think it's Slott; I think it's Marvel, and the experimental attitude they've taken to their legacy characters.

People are dying for a return to a focus on story.

I agree with this. They should have just kept all of the experimental stuff in the ultimate universe!

But what the hell happened to the Ultimate Universe? It was so good in the early 2000s. They stole all the talent and put them on gimmicky 616 books.

Oh and on Spidey: Slott had so much promise when he wrote that Spidey/Torch mini. He has shown glimmers that he gets Spidey, but he isn't succeeding anymore. Peter is a shell of his former self.

I get JMS wrote some mess (largely by editorial pushing by the way) but he wrote a Peter I believed in. That Peter vanished and I'm not sure who the hell I'm looking at anymore.

I am a legacy collector of ASM, Iron Man, Daredevil, and Uncanny X-Men. I have great runs of the original series and some of the renumbered (and then renumbered again) series. I gave up after the fourth time each of the series rebooted/renumbered/All New #1'd and just do not care any more. I will pick up issues that I am missing out of the original series, but just could care less about the current Marvel U.

I agree completely, except the no "legacy" collector calls them uncanny . . . :baiting:

some do, just for clarity sake. Purists won't

Quit living in the past, you dusty old fossils. The title change occurred over 35 years ago!

66 original issues

27 issues of pseudo-cancellation reprint junk

20 revived issues before Uncanny began to appear on the cover

28 more issues before Uncanny X-Men became the official title

195 issues before the true end of the Marvel Universe

208 more issues before Marvel realized they had a series that was still running legitimately in the triple digits and cancelled it

lol Bunch of oldies on here.

MARVEL has lost it's way.

2 Spidermen in the same Universe

2 Captain America's in the same Universe

2 Thors (1 evidently 'unworthy') in the same Universe

I don't even know what is going on with Iron Man, Riri is Rere-tarded

Hulk is not 'Totally Awesome' as his sales number will bear out

Fantastic Four a flagship title- not even a title anymore

X-Men being phased out for the Inhumans

The only tolerable title right now is Daredevil, and I know they will screw that up, with some 'new' Daredevil, probably kill Matt for no reason.

Power Man & Iron Fist is a fun read, but nobody is reading it but me and few other people evidently.

Sad......so sad.....

MARVEL has lost it's way.

2 Spidermen in the same Universe

2 Captain America's in the same Universe

2 Thors (1 evidently 'unworthy') in the same Universe

I don't even know what is going on with Iron Man, Riri is Rere-tarded

Hulk is not 'Totally Awesome' as his sales number will bear out

Fantastic Four a flagship title- not even a title anymore

X-Men being phased out for the Inhumans

The only tolerable title right now is Daredevil, and I know they will screw that up, with some 'new' Daredevil, probably kill Matt for no reason.

Power Man & Iron Fist is a fun read, but nobody is reading it but me and few other people evidently.

Sad......so sad.....

Check out the Moon Knight series by Lemire. 1st arc was mind blowing, 2nd arc is slowly building.. That and Tom King's masterpiece The Vision which just ended are the 2 best Marvel reads in years