• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone ever had buyers like this?

29 posts in this topic

I just sold a bulk lot of Pokemon cards to a gentleman in Hong Kong, he didnt ask what postage rates would be during the auction or anything like that. When i sent him an invoice saying that to post these cards to Hong Kong would cost GBP 10.00 airmail he replied saying he wasnt willing to pay that?? He said he was looking to pay around GBP 5.00 maximum for airmail?!?! Needless to say i offered him postage of 8.50 (which means i'll lose money) and is the best i can offer (since he is refusing surface mail). Im waiting on his reply now.

What the hell though? When you buy something off ebay and the seller offers you a legit postage cost (its understandable to complain if they are charging $5 for one comic inland) you can't just say "i want to pay less" . If i could have it my own way i would have a free of charging post office, but i don't. Argh people like this sure know how to get me riled up. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Anyone had anything similar?

I just sold a bulk lot of Pokemon cards to a gentleman in Hong Kong, he didnt ask what postage rates would be during the auction or anything like that. When i sent him an invoice saying that to post these cards to Hong Kong would cost GBP 10.00 airmail he replied saying he wasnt willing to pay that?? He said he was looking to pay around GBP 5.00 maximum for airmail?!?! Needless to say i offered him postage of 8.50 (which means i'll lose money) and is the best i can offer (since he is refusing surface mail). Im waiting on his reply now.

What the hell though? When you buy something off ebay and the seller offers you a legit postage cost (its understandable to complain if they are charging $5 for one comic inland) you can't just say "i want to pay less" . If i could have it my own way i would have a free of charging post office, but i don't. Argh people like this sure know how to get me riled up. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Anyone had anything similar?

Don't sell him the cards then. File a non-paying bidder report, give him negative feedback and relist the cards on ebay. And on your next auction, make it clear that people outside of the UK need to contact you in advance for a shipping quote.

Around 300 cards. Quite a heavy package.

Cheers for the advice FFB. im going to see what he says first. If he doesnt accept that then i'll slap him and second chance it.

He has to realise that he lives in Hong Kong and i live in UK. I posted out 2 cd's to a friend out there and it cost me over a fiver. Post costs in the ukk have gone up recently too frown.gif

Agreed...and then ask Tim why he's buying those cards! screwy.gif

Who's tim screwy.gif

tth2 - Inside joke but you're a noob so who cares! confused-smiley-013.gif

Agreed...and then ask Tim why he's buying those cards! screwy.gif

Who's tim screwy.gif

tth2 - Inside joke but you're a noob so who cares! confused-smiley-013.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif Don't get on the noobs like that. No wonder why there are so many anonymous users! foreheadslap.gif

The more the better! devil.gif

Graemlin Greggy

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I like that name. Simple and obvious, but so very accurate and effective. thumbsup2.gif

screwy.gif

I rest my case. yay.gif

See...you are made for the public defender's office! gossip.gif