• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay- looking for insight/opinions

53 posts in this topic

Thanks in advance your your opinions. I sold this book last week.

pSIyj9i.jpg

Today here's the note I got from the buyer :

Hi,

I just received your comic in the mail, I really do like it, but there are two flaws I could see as soon as I opened the package, There is a crease on the middle side, and a rather large crease on the top right of the cover. Unfortunately, I was unable to see these flaws on the scans you provided when I bought the comic. I have several of these comics in the same condition as you provided me for half the cost. I would not have spent so much money if I had known of these flaws, as I was expecting to receive the item shown.

So, I would either like to return the book to you for a full refund, or receive a reasonable discount on the item.

Thanks,

Frank

I've never ran into anything like this. Lots of transactions, NEVER an issue. What would you do/suggest? Not sure which creases he's talking about.....

Thanks

Mike

Hi,

I just received your comic in the mail, I really do like it, but there are two flaws I could see as soon as I opened the package, There is a crease on the middle side, and a rather large crease on the top right of the cover. Unfortunately, I was unable to see these flaws on the scans you provided when I bought the comic. I have several of these comics in the same condition as you provided me for half the cost. I would not have spent so much money if I had known of these flaws, as I was expecting to receive the item shown.

So, I would either like to return the book to you for a full refund, or receive a reasonable discount on the item.

Thanks,

Frank

I've never ran into anything like this. Lots of transactions, NEVER an issue. What would you do/suggest? Not sure which creases he's talking about.....

Thanks

Mike

Ask for scans. Maybe the comic was damaged in shipping.

If he does that you can contact ebay and show its a different book by slight printing differences etc and if you get a good rep you will be ok if you get a bad one call back.

then add him to block list and severely curtail his buying ability.

Hi,

Thanks,

Frank

Thanks

Mike

Ask for scans. Maybe the comic was damaged in shipping.

Thanks for reply. Doubtful it was damaged in shipping. Book was extremely well packaged. No way it got said "creases"

This makes me think of the thread about using other people's pictures. If a dispute ever comes up and the seller wants to use pics to prove it was a different book and the buyer figures out those pictures were used previously that could severely hurt their case.

If he keeps book and gets peeved he couldnt weedle discount and leaves bad FB reply

tried to weedle discount, told him to return, refused. block & avoid

If he does that you can contact ebay and show its a different book by slight printing differences etc and if you get a good rep you will be ok if you get a bad one call back.

then add him to block list and severely curtail his buying ability.

Thanks Kav!

I wouldn't ask for scans I would just say 'sorry you are dissatisfied with item-return and I'll issue immediate refund'.

Aside from this, what is "the middle side"? ???

I'm wondering if he means a spine tick in the mid spine area, which could happen in shipping if the seller used bowed cardboard. Happens to me frequently unfortunately.

I'm not saying that's what happened here, just saying that could be a possibility.

pSIyj9i.jpg

Hi,

Thanks,

Frank

Thanks

Mike

Be careful on taking returns, in these situations, people like to swap books on you and send you their undercopy while keeping your high grade copy. It happened to me with a Nyx #3 and Batman #1 (2011).

Be careful on taking returns, in these situations, people like to swap books on you and send you their undercopy while keeping your high grade copy. It happened to me with a Nyx #3 and Batman #1 (2011).

What could a seller do in that case? I'm guessing the cards are stacked against you with ebay.

In any listing for a raw book that I put up on e-Bay I would include a line something to the extent of "Please examine the detailed photos and scans I have included to arrive at a grade for this comic(s) yourself. I will not accept returns based on differences in opinion of grade."

Bad for selling to not accept returns some might say; but certainly no worse for business than this situation.