• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - Fantastic Four 112

10 posts in this topic

I'm reluctant to give my amateur grade to pros (particularly guys from whom I've bought). But for conversation purposes anyway:

Production tears/pre chipping.

Overall eye appeal maybe VFNM, but just VF or minus 7.5 - 8.0 thanks to wear top and bottom of spine (& those micro tears near bottom of spine). I suppose if super fresh in hand, could even get 8.5, but can't see the 9.0 with that blunting at bottom spine.

He's right to let the 'market' decide, it could easily pull an 8,5 or 9.0 from CGC.

People here often undergrade (me too though it doesn't seem so at the time).

Worst detraction for me (otherwise I'd likely bid high) is the white stripe miscut, though not really a bad example by most standards..

production tears for sure, but tears nonetheless. 7.5 seems to be about right.

If those blunted corners and spine lines were fewer or greatly reduced, a 9.0 would be in the realm of possibility IMO. Any others see the tear flaws on their copies if they own it???