• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel or DC edition Trivial Pursuit?

57 posts in this topic

I was playing Disney trivial pursuit today with the girlfriend, and I was wondering if there has ever been a Marvel or DC comics version of trivial pursuit released?

If not, wouldn't it be a good idea?

I was playing Disney trivial pursuit today with the girlfriend, and I was wondering if there has ever been a Marvel or DC comics version of trivial pursuit released?

gossip.gif I've heard there is an ever so helpful search engine out there called Groogle or something like that gossip.gif

gossip.gif I've heard there is an ever so helpful search engine out there called Groogle or something like that gossip.gif

Err, I think that would be cheating. And it's Google, not Groogle. smirk.gif

Anyway such a game would only appeal to a specific kind of geek who knows about all eras of comic history. So it'd probably fail on a commercial level.

Err, I think that would be cheating. And it's Google, not Groogle. smirk.gif

Anyway such a game would only appeal to a specific kind of geek who knows about all eras of comic history. So it'd probably fail on a commercial level.

You're probably right, but people would buy it, thinking that they would know enough just by watching Spidey 1 & 2, Hulk, Daredevil, Punisher, and X1 & X2. They would then realize after they had purchased it that they know nothing about comic characters. 27_laughing.gif

foreheadslap.gif I meant to type Groogle. I give up on this whole sarcasm-over-the-internet thing sorry.gif

How is saying "Groogle" rather than "Google" being sarcastic? confused-smiley-013.gif

Like i said...... sorry.gif

foreheadslap.gif I meant to type Groogle. I give up on this whole sarcasm-over-the-internet thing sorry.gif

How is saying "Groogle" rather than "Google" being sarcastic? confused-smiley-013.gif

Like i said...... sorry.gif

Much be a European thing, cause us Americans don't get it. Unless all you were doing was trying to mispell it. In that case, 27_laughing.gif. thumbsup2.gif

Shoot, gold dust is English too! foreheadslap.gif So not just a European joke. I really don't know what you meant kilt. Explanation please.

gossip.gif Im not English gossip.gif

It's uh.....a scottish thing. Thats it! We sit around a campfire cooking freshly caught haggis and sing "There is a search Engine called Groogle".

It's a classic highland song. smirk.gif

Shoot, gold dust is English too! foreheadslap.gif So not just a European joke. I really don't know what you meant kilt. Explanation please.

gossip.gif Im not English gossip.gif

It's uh.....a scottish thing. Thats it! We sit around a campfire cooking freshly caught haggis and sing "There is a search Engine called Groogle".

It's a classic highland song. smirk.gif

sign-funnypost.gif Now that post worked!!

We sit around a campfire cooking freshly caught haggis

You catch sheep entrails and oatmeal? Do you really eat that stuff?

You catch sheep entrails and oatmeal?

(boiled in sheeps stomach) And yes you can catch one. Track down the nearest sheep, do the highland fling to the nearest irn bru shop for yer oats and the rest....well im sure if you"groogle" you'll work out what to do (see how i slipped that one there Goldust? Im slick tonight!)

Do you really eat that stuff?

We eat it every burns night. Neeps and Tatties on the side. *chomp*

He was being clever. And I know people, some of whom are not Scottish, who LIKE haggis.

God, British paisano food is revolting. Haggis, Spotted , Toad in the hole, Bread and dripping, Black Pudding. Urgh.

He was being clever. And I know people, some of whom are not Scottish, who LIKE haggis.

God, British paisano food is revolting. Haggis, Spotted , Toad in the hole, Bread and dripping, Black Pudding. Urgh.

Yep, British food is the Ford Pinto of European cuisine.

Nah, not any more. Those dishes (except for Black Pudding, which is still very popular) are traditional and austerity era makeshift cr@p that ain't representative.

The food in London is now the BEST in Europe. Partly because tastes generally got more sophisticated, but mainly 'cause we pinched the other countries' cuisine, and called it Modern British.

Kind of like what we did with Rock 'N Roll.......

Where as Americanized Mexican food (or Tex Mex) is the Mercedes Benz. And I'm not talking Taco Bell here.

Nah, not any more. Those dishes (except for Black Pudding, which is still very popular) are traditional and austerity era makeshift cr@p that ain't representative.

The food in London is now the BEST in Europe. Partly because tastes generally got more sophisticated, but mainly 'cause we pinched the other countries' cuisine, and called it Modern British.

Kind of like what we did with Rock 'N Roll.......

Really? When did that happen? I was in London 4 or 5 years ago and the food paled in comparison to what I ate in France. I don't pretend to be some culinary expert, just curious since English food always gets such a bad rap.