• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel or DC edition Trivial Pursuit?

57 posts in this topic

Shoot, gold dust is English too! foreheadslap.gif So not just a European joke. I really don't know what you meant kilt. Explanation please.

We sit around a campfire cooking freshly caught haggis

You catch sheep entrails and oatmeal? Do you really eat that stuff?

He was being clever. And I know people, some of whom are not Scottish, who LIKE haggis.

God, British paisano food is revolting. Haggis, Spotted , Toad in the hole, Bread and dripping, Black Pudding. Urgh.

Yep, British food is the Ford Pinto of European cuisine.

Nah, not any more. Those dishes (except for Black Pudding, which is still very popular) are traditional and austerity era makeshift cr@p that ain't representative.

The food in London is now the BEST in Europe. Partly because tastes generally got more sophisticated, but mainly 'cause we pinched the other countries' cuisine, and called it Modern British.

Kind of like what we did with Rock 'N Roll.......

Really? When did that happen? I was in London 4 or 5 years ago and the food paled in comparison to what I ate in France. I don't pretend to be some culinary expert, just curious since English food always gets such a bad rap.

I suppose I should point out that if you want good food, you've got to pay for it, and know where to look. Anyway, it's official - according to all the respected guides.

Shoot, gold dust is English too! foreheadslap.gif So not just a European joke. I really don't know what you meant kilt. Explanation please.

He was being clever. And I know people, some of whom are not Scottish, who LIKE haggis.

God, British paisano food is revolting. Haggis, Spotted , Toad in the hole, Bread and dripping, Black Pudding. Urgh.

Nah, not any more. Those dishes (except for Black Pudding, which is still very popular) are traditional and austerity era makeshift cr@p that ain't representative.

The food in London is now the BEST in Europe. Partly because tastes generally got more sophisticated, but mainly 'cause we pinched the other countries' cuisine, and called it Modern British.

Really? When did that happen? I was in London 4 or 5 years ago and the food paled in comparison to what I ate in France. I don't pretend to be some culinary expert, just curious since English food always gets such a bad rap.

I suppose I should point out that if you want good food, you've got to pay for it, and know where to look. Anyway, it's official - according to all the respected guides.

Interesting. Next time I fly across the pond to jolly old Albion I will shoot you a PM and you can point me in the right direction. wink.gif

London cuisine better than Paris? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm gonna have to call B.S. smile.gif

You've got to visit both cities and know where to look to judge. tongue.gif

That's true, and truthfully I've never been out of the states, so I really don't have room to talk. 27_laughing.gif

That's true, and truthfully I've never been out of the states, so I really don't have room to talk. 27_laughing.gif

You should go. Trust me, the US sucks [#@$%!!!] in comparison.

Interesting. Next time I fly across the pond to jolly old Albion I will shoot you a PM and you can point me in the right direction. wink.gif

You're on, matey. Just get in a cab an ask the driver to take you to Islington or Primrose Hill (great gastropubs there). Bear in mind that a decent meal with wine'll set you back £30 - £50 per person.

You're on, matey. Just get in a cab an ask the driver to take you to Islington or Primrose Hill (great gastropubs there). Bear in mind that a decent meal with wine'll set you back £30 - £50 per person.

893whatthe.gif That some serious Sterling. I will have to get a year or two of work under my belt.

You should go. Trust me, the US sucks [#@$%!!!] in comparison.

Oh I am quite aware. I honestly don't think the US is as great as Americans think it is. If I were in certain other countries, I wouldn't owe $45 grand in student loans foreheadslap.gif

893whatthe.gif That some serious Sterling. I will have to get a year or two of work under my belt.

That is for three courses. Some of these restaurants with two or three Michelin stars (the chefs are often French) do great and inexpensive lunchtime specials.

Y' gotta know where to look. Time Out London mag helps a bit.......

Next tiem you fly across the pond, me you and goldust can meet up for some fine english cuisine. or we could just go down the chippy and then crash at mine after a few beers wink.gif

Next tiem you fly across the pond, me you and goldust can meet up for some fine english cuisine. or we could just go down the chippy and then crash at mine after a few beers wink.gif

thumbsup2.gif I do like meself a pint of the black stuff now and again. Oh wait...that's Ireland. foreheadslap.gif A few Belhavens or Boddingtons then.

thumbsup2.gif I do like meself a pint of the black stuff now and again. Oh wait...that's Ireland. foreheadslap.gif A few Belhavens or Boddingtons then.

Yeah the guiness over here isnt quite the same. The Fosters (even though austrailian) is pretty damn popular. I'm a miller man myself mind you.

I'm a miller man myself mind you.

Bah! High school pisswater! You are young though, so you have time to refine your palate. thumbsup2.gif At least it isn't Natty Lite, Busch or Asshouse. PBR ain't bad though, for swill.

I'm a miller man myself mind you.

Bah! High school pisswater! You are young though, so you have time to refine your palate. thumbsup2.gif At least it isn't Natty Lite, Busch or Asshouse. PBR ain't bad though, for swill.

hey! At least i don't get lemonade through it anymore. Though last i heard Greggy had his watered down 27_laughing.gif