• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: ASM 13

13 posts in this topic

I'd be a bit harder on this one than NoMan, maybe average or a bit better copy.

So VGF 5.0 - 5.5. Main notes: average wear, spots of surface wear, maybe 6.0 spine/back, the smudge and soil spot mentioned in OP.

So what's the big hit?: the soil spot/smudge?

Yes, but only from maybe 6.5 to start. Looking at overall view of the book, the corners, edge wear, and surface wear.

My starting point was the overall eye-appeal/grade - a vestige from old school grading. Using that, I started at 6.5 and counted down from there.

Perhaps I'm going about it wrong. I have a GSXMEN 1 CGC 9.2 that has a very visual bottom left corner ding. I have no idea how it got a 9.2. I realize a lot goes into grading other then corners, but a lot of the books I've looked at in this forum (including this one) have a lot less corner blunting but get dinged hard because of it.

Post a pic when you can.

A lot of squarebound spines can have weird appearance because of glue, but defect can be production and penalized much less. A gorgeous and fresh book with only major defect a major impact dent can get 9.2 (does the dent run through book/are pages affected?).

I think slight blunting is penalized less than rounding.