• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CCS pressing and Foil covers...

15 posts in this topic

Anyone have experience with this? I know I have seen a couple posts in the past about pressing and foils, but wondering if anyone has done it and would recommend?

Basically, I have Batman: Rebirth 1 convention foil edition. It is signed by King, Finch, Jim Lee, but has finger prints and a little bit of rippling. It got a 9.0 and graders notes pointed out the finger prints and rippling.

Any suggestions? Should I send it in for press?

Im not taking into account the financial part of this for this question. I know going from a 9.0 to a 9.2 or 9.4 might not be financially worth it for this book, but want to know anyway.

foil books can be pressed - they are trickier and I would recommend only using the experts ( CCS or possibly CFP if they are still allowed to do SS books).....

if it is for you - though- might not even bother. As you said - probably not wort the $$$ for a resub in value - so if you are happy with it - might as well keep it.

I say its for me, but at some point, if its worth something good and I need money, Id sell it. Ha.

Generally, I slab expensive books, SS, speculations and then just books I really like (Sometimes even if they are not worth much). Nothing is off the table for selling of course.

I didn't think about the sig smearing. Does that only happen if someone is inexperienced? Wouldn't someone experienced be able to avoid that?

I say its for me, but at some point, if its worth something good and I need money, Id sell it. Ha.

Generally, I slab expensive books, SS, speculations and then just books I really like (Sometimes even if they are not worth much). Nothing is off the table for selling of course.

I didn't think about the sig smearing. Does that only happen if someone is inexperienced? Wouldn't someone experienced be able to avoid that?

All depends on the type of ink or paint pen used when the book was signed. Certain ones can reactivate with heat. Sharpies not so much.

I generally use sharpies 90+% of the time. Ive thought about changing to paint pens for some things, but Ill keep this in mind.

Joey, what about 3D lenticular covers? Issues pressing or signature smearing issues?

I generally use sharpies 90+% of the time. Ive thought about changing to paint pens for some things, but Ill keep this in mind.

Joey, what about 3D lenticular covers? Issues pressing or signature smearing issues?

Not sure about how they handle inks, but they are comics I will not press.

I sent you a lenticular at one point Joey, to experiment on, what ended up happening to the book when pressed?

I sent you a lenticular at one point Joey, to experiment on, what ended up happening to the book when pressed?

It is now one dimensional.

lol

lol

Awesome

At NYCC, which I admit was a few months ago. CGC was taking the position that foils could not be pressed. So if Joey is having luck, more power to him.

As for signature they do smear very easily. One person I know who was getting sigs on foils was literally wiping off the signatures he did not like and getting them signed a second time.