• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MILE HIGH ACTION #1 VS ALLENTOWN DETECTIVE # 27

92 posts in this topic

I think Detective # 27 is much more rare that A 1 on the whole. The real Dark Horse is All-American # 16. Which pedigrees have this one?

There's a Church copy. It's supposedly perfect. 9.8 perfect. 893whatthe.gif

i saw the larson all american 16,, 12 years ago in sandiego,metro had it,,at the time he told me he wanted 50k,,it was very high grade..

there is also an all american 16 mile high copy which i have never seen,i think geppi or john snyder originally owned it,,i dont know who has it now.

those are the 2 copies i know which would blow away the cgc census copies for sure

With all thing's being equal, the MH Action would always do better for the reasons previously stated. But it's funny, for some reason I suspect the MH Action 1 might have some minor form of resto, like a color touch. Don't ask me why, I seem to have bits and pieces of fragmented memories that keeps telling me that. Someone would have to ask the dentist if he knows of any but good luck getting an answer.

With all thing's being equal, the MH Action would always do better for the reasons previously stated. But it's funny, for some reason I suspect the MH Action 1 might have some minor form of resto, like a color touch. Don't ask me why, I seem to have bits and pieces of fragmented memories that keeps telling me that. Someone would have to ask the dentist if he knows of any but good luck getting an answer.
Steve Fishler from Metropolis has previously posted that he's seen the book in person and confirmed that there is NO resto on the book. He also mentioned that it would grade in the 9.2 range.

there are similar rumors for many of the top books. been there done that.

Did Steve run a black light over it? I'm still thinking small color touch. But it doesn't matter all that much to me since I'll never own it and if I did a small color touch wouldn't bother me one bit if I knew that before buying it.

Everyone on this board has his own preferences.My personal preference is no restoration what so ever. Its just what i like to collect.I did not buy the more fun 52[mile high] because it had a slight,very slight resto..it is in a blue holder however.

Just my personal way i like to collect.