• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MOTION PICTURE FUNNIES WEEKLY ORIGINAL ARTWORK

10 posts in this topic

back in the mid 1990s i was fortunate enough to witness an auction for the original artwork for the cover to motion picture funnies weekly #1...it was an auction were i met steve geppi,he did not win however and the artwork went for 23k.

does anyone know where this piece is right now? has anyone ever seen it besides me?

thanks john.

i was there bidding on a famous funnies series 1 ,which i did not win though i bought that book a year later...i believe you do own this book too ,i remember seeing it in your collection,am i correct...a real TUFF book..dosnt gerber have a 10 on it

thanks john.

i was there bidding on a famous funnies series 1 ,which i did not win though i bought that book a year later...i believe you do own this book too ,i remember seeing it in your collection,am i correct...a real TUFF book..dosnt gerber have a 10 on it

...i do have a series 1. Do not know where Mr. S. is but I believe he is around... He use to own the art for Xmen 1....

you couldnt miss him at the nyc conventions back in the 90s,someone accidentily bumped into him while he had some valuble stuff in his hand,,boy was he mad!

i remember him saying [you bought it buddy!}....just an incident i remember,no big deal..i remember we both bought a copy of amazing stories[the 1st apppearence of buck rogers 1928] together...

you couldnt miss him at the nyc conventions back in the 90s,someone accidentily bumped into him while he had some valuble stuff in his hand,,boy was he mad!

i remember him saying [you bought it buddy!}....just an incident i remember,no big deal..i remember we both bought a copy of amazing stories[the 1st apppearence of buck rogers 1928] together...

Is he the guy who was buying up heavy multiples of Avengers #4? If it's the guy I'm thinking of, he used to be at Chicago Con frequently also. The Avengers #4 thing is what I remember about him.