• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SOLD Batman: TDKR, Y1, Y2, DINTF, KJ

16 posts in this topic

Is it an understatement when I say that Batman had an amazing streak between 1986 and 1989, one that finished off with a blockbuster movie directed by Tim Burton?! Of course, almost immediately after, we witnessed the slow and painful demise of a beloved franchise by over-saturation and -tastic Schumacher films ("films" loosely speaking). But let's forget for a moment that that ever happened.

I fondly remember the latter years of that period. It's 1988 in Glendale, suburb of L.A. Taking my first steps down the middle school halls, I was already a self-proclaimed "closet" comic book geek (spidey and x-men were my thing). Then I felt things starting to get kind of surreal - I see my buddies wearing The Killing Joke t-shirt, baseball caps with the Batman emblem, pins, watches, patches...! My snobbish pimply self dismissed them as bandwagoners. Frankly, they really were. But I learned to get over my deluded sense of owning a subculture just so I could enjoy lunch break chats over whether or not Batman killed the Joker at the end of KJ or if would it be a good idea to trade my fine copy of Hulk 181 for a "mint condition" Batman #428 at the local comic shop.

Anyway, fast forward 18 years and I discover the CGC chat board.

mTtmS54.jpg

• The Dark Knight Returns #1-4 (#2 - 2nd print)
  • Year One (Batman #404-407)
  • Year Two (Detective #576-578, missing pt. 1)
  • Death In the Family (Batman #426-429)
  • The Killing Joke (1st print)

And da usual rules are:

1. :takeit: in thread trumps PM.

2. Acceptable payment is PayPal

3. Your items will be shipped the Saturday after you've made payment

4. Payment due within 7 days of purchase

5. Please no buyers from the HOS or PL

6. Shipping: priority USPS shipping at $12. International, let's discuss.

Thanks for looking!

Gonna close this thread out in the next 24 hours or so and maybe throw on eBay. Entertaining any offers....but I absolutely will NOT trade for your sugar pack collection!

Significant price cut on the DITF...

Death in the Family (Batman #426-429): $50

Year Two: Detective #576-578: $10