• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boxes In Action - Monstress Comic Boxes

5 posts in this topic

I'm not affliated with Boxes In Action or Image Comics. Just a regular fan. :D

Was just reading Monstress #8 from my Wednesday haul and saw an ad for an officially licensed comic storage box for Monstress. Woohoo! :whee:

Monstress Officially Licensed Sidekick Comic Box

additional boxes

image_400w.jpeg

Seems like there's also a box for Sex Criminals. Those would be cool for, ahem, mature stuff. :whistle:

Pricing seems very reasonable. $15 for first box including shipping and $6 for additional boxes. Alas, they seem to be smaller than the typical short box. I'm gonna have to check vertical clearance. It may not fit E. Gerber Archives so I might need to grab some Mylites4 for my Monstress run. :)

lol, and here I just pre-ordered a 5-pack of Monsters Unleashed short boxes from NOV16 Previews. Now all I need is a DC box. I seem to be suddenly amassing a ton of DC Rebirth stuff. :D

I honestly don't know why Marvel and DC haven't offered officially licensed boxes sooner (not just as retailer exclusives as with Hastings). It's both additional revenue and advertising at the same time.

That is fantastic! It doesn't appear to have any hand holds. I am looking for a nice box that I store outside of my closet.

I think the pic on their website is just a mockup/trial. It looked like thin paper pasted on top of a regular box.

This is their ad on Monstress #8 and it has hand holds.

https://mobile.twitter.com/boxesinaction/status/804035646805442563

I don't know anything about this comic, but that's a pretty cool storage box.

Monstress is really good - both story (Marjorie Liu) and art (Sana Takeda). It's my #1 favorite ongoing American series. I discovered it via Comixology Unlimited and after reading it, immediately ordered the TPB from Amazon ($9.99 cover, paid ~$6-7) and subscribed to the single issues. Got the TPB delivered to the office because I've lost packages at home. My former supervisor saw it and was so impressed by the art he bought it from me on the spot. lol

They have various other designs including officially licensed Image Comics person_without_enough_empathy Planet and Sex Criminals, and Zenescope GFT, as well as a bunch of unlicensed ones that homage Captain America, Hulk, Batman, Harley Quinn, etc.