• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flaming Carrot!

25 posts in this topic

You know, I am going to have to brake down and pick up a run of those Flaming Carrots The covers are good. How are the stories?

I've been saying the same thing for years - I love Burden's artwork, but somehow missed the boat when the title first started showing up, and never got around to picking them up. I picked up VF-NM copies of Visions 2-4 for 50¢ each about 10 years ago, and the reason I've never sold them is that I keep telling myself I'll start collecting Flaming Carrot someday. To be honest the stories I've read didn't really impress me, but the art is top-notch.

Maybe this year, I'll start checking in on ebay for cheap lots to get the collection rolling, and wait and see if I want to shell out for Visions #1, and the Killian-Barracks Flaming Carrot #1

You know, I am going to have to brake down and pick up a run of those Flaming Carrots The covers are good. How are the stories?

I've been saying the same thing for years - I love Burden's artwork, but somehow missed the boat when the title first started showing up, and never got around to picking them up. I picked up VF-NM copies of Visions 2-4 for 50¢ each about 10 years ago, and the reason I've never sold them is that I keep telling myself I'll start collecting Flaming Carrot someday. To be honest the stories I've read didn't really impress me, but the art is top-notch.

Maybe this year, I'll start checking in on ebay for cheap lots to get the collection rolling, and wait and see if I want to shell out for Visions #1, and the Killian-Barracks Flaming Carrot #1

If you ever want to make like 3000% profit on all of those Visions issues, hit me up. smile.gif

I'm actually quite curious about what made Bob Burden relaunch FC...the book seemed to trail off in the mid-nineties, so I figured that he might have quite reasonably lost interest after so many years of doing it.

Bob never tired of it and actually has been working on the Carrot on and off the whole time (there were a couple of one-shots and nice TPB collection that came out also).

He was really trying to work on more deals in Hollywood and will probably write about some of those adventures in upcoming issues.

His house is full of stories he's been working on, so hopefully we'll have plenty of new Carrot for a long time.