• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men #1 Question about price

25 posts in this topic

as far as I know (and seen) the copy is US and not a reprint. I can't tell about the restoring.

sadly I won't be able to meet the guy again for about a month, so I hope he hasn't already sold it.

US books are not so requested here in Italy, therefore prices are different.

as far as I know (and seen) the copy is US and not a reprint. I can't tell about the restoring.

sadly I won't be able to meet the guy again for about a month, so I hope he hasn't already sold it.

US books are not so requested here in Italy, therefore prices are different.

How's the selection out there? Is there a guy who comes around once a month selling Silver Age? Is that about it?

And....that is a great price for the comic. I'd snap it up in a sec' and keep it for my collection.

here in Italy there are not so many US comics collectors (as far as I know),

so one could sell a book for its real value but if there's no demand, he can do just two things: put a lower price or wait for a customer.

I didn't pay much attention to this book cause price to me was way too high. I'm looking for low grade books and this guy had only fine ones. (I'm wondering who his usual customers are...)

here in Italy there are not so many US comics collectors (as far as I know),

so one could sell a book for its real value but if there's no demand, he can do just two things: put a lower price or wait for a customer.

I didn't pay much attention to this book cause price to me was way too high. I'm looking for low grade books and this guy had only fine ones. (I'm wondering who his usual customers are...)

Just be careful. I purchased an X-Men #1 copy for $1250 (advertised as 7.5 raw) a couple of years ago . It came back as a 7.5 from CGC, but with restoration. I'm thinking the guy had it CGC graded, found out it was restored, and sold it to me raw. He refused to take the book back, so we both wound up leaving negative feedback to each other.