• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the Key Bronze age Horror comics?

123 posts in this topic

So where do we net out on borderline superheroes -- I'd feel fairly good adding Demon #1; what are thoughts on ASM #101 (first Morbius), MS5 Ghost Rider, Son of Satan, etc.?

Also, Showcase #80 first SA Phantom Stranger narrowly misses with a late '69 cover date, but PS#1 is in there.

Anyone remember the Patchwork Man from one of the DC horror titles?

ASM 101 is a must have! Morbius and the 6 armed Spidey!!! Sons Of Satan in Marvel Spotlight is a really good series, his short lived solo book not so much.

Patchwork Man's 1st full app was Swamp Thing #3 and he had a one-off origin story in House Of Secrets #140 ($5-$10 book raw but worth getting).

One of my all-time all-times is the Marvel B&W Tales Of The Zombie magazines. I'd say it's Steve Gerber's best writing, even better than his early Man-Thing and the Pablo Marcos art is gorgeous. Tough set in high grade, hard enough to find raw in VF or better because everyone who had them read them to death

So does Kaluta (who has a number of really great BA horror covers) not have the same passionate fanbase as Wrightson?

We talk about classic Wrightson covers, but is there even any general agreement on what Kaulta's classic covers would be?

So does Kaluta (who has a number of really great BA horror covers) not have the same passionate fanbase as Wrightson?

We talk about classic Wrightson covers, but is there even any general agreement on what Kaulta's classic covers would be?

For whatever reason, Kaluta just doesn't get the love. He seems to be the designated Studio Step-Child. :(

Surprised this Adams classic has not been mentioned!?!? (shrug)

There are really not a lot of "1st appearance" type books as compared to the Key BA Superhero books, but there are a lot of books with great covers in high demand (analogous to GA horror in that respect).

hos88.jpg

Great cover. I gotta get me one of these !