• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Things about the G.A. that make you go "Hmm?"

4 posts in this topic

Some things I've thought about concerning the Golden Age:

Bill Everett:

Was he obsessed with water? Why were some of his character's origins/powers never fully explained (Hydroman and the Fin often said such things as "for some reason, I can do this, but I don't know why!")? When, in his debut, the Fin discovers a species living below the sea, he starts shooting them,..... confused-smiley-013.gif

Wally Wood:

What was his obsession with circles? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Batman:

In one issue of Detective Comics, Batman wears a gun and ends up unloading it into the trunk of a car where a villain is hiding. 893whatthe.gif

Superman:

Originally, Superman just did whatever he felt like doing! No special code for him!

sumo.gif

Batman:

In one issue of Detective Comics, Batman wears a gun and ends up unloading it into the trunk of a car where a villain is hiding. 893whatthe.gif

Hmm, I must've missed that one. Which issue was that?

One of my first Batman comics was the Famous First Edition copy of Batman #1 so it must've been a while before I figured out that he wasn't often sighting down the barrel of his big Batplane machine gun!

Marc

Batman:

Hmm, I must've missed that one. Which issue was that?

One of my first Batman comics was the Famous First Edition copy of Batman #1 so it must've been a while before I figured out that he wasn't often sighting down the barrel of his big Batplane machine gun!

Marc

Detective Comics # 32:

"Batman stories concludes from issue # 31. 1st app. Dala (Monk's assistant). Batman uses gun for first time to slay The Monk and Dala. This was the first time a costumed hero used a gun in comic books." -Overstreet