• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need a tape recommendation

7 posts in this topic

Have always grade GA book that has a corner piece off.

Have the piece and reattaching will add to the eye appeal. A tape notation will not impact the grade or value of the book.

I am aware that archival tape will get me a purple or blue "conserved" label. Don't want that as the book is otherwise unrestored.

Who can inform me what tape to use? I imagine regular scotch would work but it would seem something is better than that.

Tape is a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. If you want to hold that piece in place you either have to live with the conserved label or permanently sick it with something non-archival. It sucks.

I noticed books that have tape noted on the slab label don't sell as well. You are probably best off leaving it alone, and if it's a very large piece then keep it raw.

This is true - which is the reason I search out slabbed issues that have tape on them since I know how to remove them :D