• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's holiday time and once again, time to have a heart and to help a heart
2 2

281 posts in this topic

Robb (Speed Force) is a board member, who is ill and needs a heart transplant. He's on a waiting list.

Robb is married and has a small (3 year old son). His wife Carah is a student and takes care of Ford.

Olds_Family_2016.jpg

before you all ask, the Great Dane is Holland.

Robb has been liquidating his collection to help with his coming medical expenses, but he is still short of his goal. They have moved to a place where they can be closer to the hospital where he will need to be.

He's on a waiting list for a heart, his level is 1b. 1a is for people who are in the hospital now, he's the next level.

Robb has insurance, but it will not cover all the expenses of a transplant. He is out of work and will have to be out of work until he's strong enough to return, which can be several years.

There is a charitable organization HelpHOPELive which we can use to donate funds. It collects and manages all donations in his honor. Robb sends medical and related bills to HelpHOPELive and the nonprofit pays the bills directly. Before he can request any payments from funds raised in his honor, HelpHOPELive verifies medical need directly with his medical professional so that donors can feel completely secure making a donation.

Here is the link if you want to make a cash donation to Robb. HelpHopeLive - A New Heart for Robb

Here is some information he has provided about the charity.

We decided to do our fundraising through the nonprofit HelpHOPELive (www.helphopelive.org) in order to offset my out-of-pocket medical and related expenses.

If you have questions about HelpHOPELive.org see details below:

1) What Is HelpHOPELive?

HelpHOPELive is a nonprofit that has been helping people fundraise since 1983. They have the highest possible 4-star rating from the independent charity watchdog organization Charity Navigator.

2) Why Are You Working With HelpHOPELive?

Because HelpHOPELive is a nonprofit, all donations made in my honor are tax deductible and eligible for matching grants. HelpHOPELive also provides one-on-one fundraising help and a customizable online donation page.

3) Why Don’t You Have A GoFundMe?

GoFundMe is a for-profit crowdfunding site so donations are not accountable or tax deductible in any way. HelpHOPELive provides a way for me to fundraise that is more legitimate and trustworthy with a lower administrative fee that is used to help the organization support me and other people facing a medical crisis.

4) What Happens To Donations?

HelpHOPELive collects and manages all donations in my honor. I send my medical and related bills to HelpHOPELive and the nonprofit pays the bills directly. Before I can request any payments from funds raised in my honor, HelpHOPELive verifies my medical need directly with my medical professional so that donors can feel completely secure making a donation.

5) How Can I Learn More?

You can visit my HelpHOPELive campaign page at: HelpHopeLive - A New Heart for Robb You can learn more about HelpHOPELive at: http://www.helphopelive.org or by calling 800.642.8399. The organization is on Facebook @Help Hope Live.

6) How Can I Help You Fundraise?

You can reach out to me or contact HelpHOPELive directly at 800.642.8399 if you would like to help me fundraise!

7) How Can I Make A Donation?

Visit my HelpHOPELive campaign page to make a tax deductible donation of any amount: $xxxx

8) Do you provide tax-deductible receipts to donors?

HelpHOPELive sends a letter of acknowledgement for donations of $250 or more. For donations under $250, the IRS recognizes the donor's cancelled check or credit card statement as proof of a charitable donation. All online donations are acknowledged immediately with an email receipt for tax purposes.

This is the first time that we will not be using Paypal, the donations can be made directly to the charity.

If you purchase a book, you will be making the payment directly to the charity.

I will still send invoices, so we can make sure that items are paid for before the donor mails them out.

They take checks (no fee) or credit card payments. To make it faster, credit card payments are probably best (since we are so close to the holidays).

If you wish to make an anonymous cash donation, just go directly to the link provided.

I have two wonderful helpers this time, thehumantorch and DeadOne.

Bryan (DeadOne ) will be helping with updates, Dave (thehumantorch) will help with the spreadsheet we keep (and I'm sure he'll be posting, too:)

Feel free to pm me with any questions, or of course you can PM Robb directly.

Items that you wish to donate can be posted directly in this thread. Anything comic related is fine.

I do ask that if you donate an item, that 100% goes to Robb, otherwise it starts to get a bit confusing.

Please note if shipping is included. If it's not included, state the amount you want for shipping in the thread. If you will not ship out of the Country please state that clearly. Once your item is “sold” please mark it sold, so we can keep the thread up to date.

If you purchase an item payments need to be made promptly, within the next few days, please.

Once again, thank you every one who participates in any way, even if you are just sending good wishes for a speedy recovery.

Sharon

I got this note last night, thank you Jeff!

I may not be around tomorrow, but would like the donate the following book:

Batman Adventures #12 (CGC 9.6 NM+) Comicon Box Variant Cover

Price: $50

Sold to Bomer-Bob

Scan_20160719%2019_zpssxsf4mug.jpg

Thanks,

Jeff

Shipping Worldwide is included.

Edited by skypinkblu

From 1955, EC Comics, Crime Illustrated #1

Adult Suspenstories

Introducing Picto Fiction.

Purchased here on the boards, seller graded it VG/F, but I think he was pretty conservative, it's a little nicer than that and these are NOT easy to find. Price is $125 $100 shipped anywhere.

crime%20illustrated%201.jpg

th_crime%20illustrated%201b.jpg

Edited by skypinkblu

Here's an almost complete run of the EC New Direction title Extra!...after this, all you'll need is a #4.

$85 to Robb, and I'll ship these 4 books to you in Australia, Canada, France, Italy, U.K., or USA. (thumbs u

th_extra1_f.jpgth_extra1_r.jpgth_extra2_f.jpgth_extra2_r.jpgth_extra3_f.jpgth_extra3_r.jpgth_extra5_f.jpgth_extra5_r.jpg

Extra #1, VG 4.0 scrape of paper out on back cover is the main grade detractor; diag cb crease LRFC

Extra #2, VG+ 4.5 tearing through the EC FC logo with small piece out of BC

Extra #3, VG 4.0 general wear; some chipping around cover edges; diag crease URFC; mild interior cover tanning

Extra #5, VG- 3.5 interior cover tanning; full-length vertical crease through center of book

X-Men #132 - VF+/VFNM OWW

Signed by John Byrne on the first page.

:news:CLAIMED by bighairjer

First full apperance of the Hellfire Club, as Sebastian Shaw, Donald Pierce, and Harry Leland make their debut.

Asking $35 for Robb and I will cover shipping everywhere via Economy Airmail.

u3Jwtsgh.jpg

Edited by vaillant

Robb and I have become PM buddies over the last year and enjoyed many laughs together.

He is a real stand up guy and I know that he will come out of this with flying colors.

Books are priced below FMV so that they will be bought and Robb get the funds that he really needs.

That being said, if you do not like a price, please PM me as my ONLY goal is to sell the books for Robb.

I will pick up shipping for North America.

ASM 25 - 1st mention of a girl named Mary Jane

It has a small smudge near Spidey's left leg and a little bit also near his right arm - hard to maybe see on the scan but better I point it out.

Small corner crease on the bottom right of the cover.

I will be conservative and call it a 6.0+ book.

$70.00

24m9k6u.jpg

2h8cuh4.jpg

ASM 55

Beautiful book in hand.

Only problem is along the top cover due to the cover overhang.

$70.00

1zz6yz8.jpg

2lwk47k.jpg

ASM 60 CGC 9.0

$100.00

v4m9aa.jpg

Free to the 1st person to buy a one of my books.

zm02yx.jpg

zlsr42.jpg

Thanks to Sharon for putting this together.

This forum has been very good to me. Time to give something back.

DC - 18 book SA/BA Mega Lot

Some items from my show boxes along with some semi-keys pulled from my keeper box.

Blackhawk 207 - G/VG 1/2" notch out of URC

B&B 57 - First Metamorpho - G/VG

COTU 33 - VG

Tec 405 - VG-

Flash 177 - Fn

GL 25 - G/VG

Hawkman 20 VG-

Jimmy Olsen 120 - VG-/F

JLA 62 - G/VG

Metal Men 13 - VG-

Mystery in Space 71 - Gd

OOAW 116 - Fn

DC SA classics HOS 92 with Neal Adams autograph on cover - VF

DC SA classics GL 76 with Len Wein autograph on Cover - VF

Star Spangled War 151 first unknown soldier - GD

Superboy 144 - 144 - VG/Fn

Saga of the Swamp Thing 20 VF (pressable)

$140

I'll cover shipping (US), I may ship 2 books to 1 board/bag if I get up against a weight limit.

dc_lot_zpsjhy1gk16.jpg

Edited by Tempus Fugit

Marvel 9 book SA almost Mega Lot

ASM 59 - Fn-

Avengers 13 - VG/Fn

Captain Marvel 5 - Fine

Doctor Strange 177 - VG+

FF 64 - VG+

Incredible Hulk 143 - Fn-

Marvel Team-Up 2 - G/VG rust on staples

Strange Tales 134 - Fn-

X-Men 137 - Vg - spine split at bottom

$140

I'll cover shipping (US), I may ship 2 books to 1 board/bag if I get up against a weight limit.

marvel_Lot_zps8auj9tqk.jpg

Edited by Tempus Fugit

Either of you boys want the World's Finest?

If not, free to anyone, just pay the shipping.

if Crassus passes I will take it. Always beeen a marvel man and never read any of the superman flash races

Its your George, with love :)