• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Right i got the Captain Action 1. Grade please.

14 posts in this topic

Right i got the comic off of ebay (if you remember my earlier post about it) and it arrived this morning. Sadly i don't have a scanner so the best i can do is take photos :'( Hope i give you enoug hto make a vague grade that will let me know if it is worth flipping or not. smile.gif

Top Left Corner:

actioncorner.jpg

Top Left Staple (Other one is lookin good)

topstapleaction.jpg

Bottom Left Corner

bottomleftcorner.jpg

Top Right Corner

toprightaction.jpg

Stamp On Front Cover

stampaction.jpg

And here is the auction listing which shows a whole picture of the comic and the sellers grade of it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

You reckon it's worth getting slabbed and selling on? If not, then is anyone interested in a raw VG copy of Captain Action 1 27_laughing.gif

Top staple is loose.

Slight Spine wear

All four corners slightly worn

Stamp in centre of cover

A couple of small light brown stains on bottom right corner of cover

Back cover alittle dirty but no visible damage.

Other than that the comic is quite sound. The cover is aligned straight and pages are probably OW/W.

Thats the best i can do flowerred.gif Sorry!

The book looks and sounds like about a VG (maybe a little worse). It is not worth slabbing and you are not going to make your money back on a flip.

So you reckon i should just try to make a small profit by re-selling it raw? It only cost me ( quid, which is $18 ish. I guess it's a bit of hit or miss.

So you reckon i should just try to make a small profit by re-selling it raw? It only cost me ( quid, which is $18 ish. I guess it's a bit of hit or miss.

Might I ask why you even bought it?

I guess that came out wrong..

I meant to ask if he bought it because he liked the book,or just to flip.

Because it seems an odd book to try and flip.

I know I buy all my books for a specific reason...except after a few weeks those reasons always seem to change. tongue.gif

Ze-

The book looks and sounds like about a VG (maybe a little worse). It is not worth slabbing and you are not going to make your money back on a flip.

Good luck making a small profit on the book selling it raw since it looks like it was accurately graded (and bid on the first time around) as a VG. I would strongly advise against trying to make money flipping single books bought on ebay. You would have better luck buying larger lots of books in single auctions, but there's a lot of work involved in breaking them down and selling them individually. The fact that you would probably have to ship overseas doesn't help on cheaper books like this... tonofbricks.gif

Good luck making a small profit on the book selling it raw since it looks like it was accurately graded (and bid on the first time around) as a VG. I would strongly advise against trying to make money flipping single books bought on ebay. You would have better luck buying larger lots of books in single auctions, but there's a lot of work involved in breaking them down and selling them individually. The fact that you would probably have to ship overseas doesn't help on cheaper books like this... tonofbricks.gif

Ditto.

Kiltman, what I was trying to say is that I don't think you will find another bidder willing to pay what you paid for that book (as I recall, you were the only bidder on the prior auction and your winning bid was the minimum bid set by the seller).

Don't forget, you're going to have to list it for even more than what you paid in order to make back your ebay listing fees and shipping that you paid for the book. You certainly should not slab it, but whether you slab it or not you'll need to get lucky to break even on this deal when you resell it.

I guess that came out wrong..

I meant to ask if he bought it because he liked the book,or just to flip.

Because it seems an odd book to try and flip.

I know I buy all my books for a specific reason...except after a few weeks those reasons always seem to change. tongue.gif

Ze-

Well initially i liked the book. Then i thought i might be able to flip it. i originally asked the seller if i could buy it off him for 5 quid but he turned me down. When i saw no one was bidding i took a chance. $18 isnt too much. If it doesnt look like it will make a profit (which doesnt) i might just stick it in my permanent collection and start a new run of Captain Action comics confused-smiley-013.gif

Ditto.

Kiltman, what I was trying to say is that I don't think you will find another bidder willing to pay what you paid for that book (as I recall, you were the only bidder on the prior auction and your winning bid was the minimum bid set by the seller).

Don't forget, you're going to have to list it for even more than what you paid in order to make back your ebay listing fees and shipping that you paid for the book. You certainly should not slab it, but whether you slab it or not you'll need to get lucky to break even on this deal when you resell it.

I suppose. But hey eBay can surprise you.I bought Justice League 42 in poor condition for 99p and sold it again giving all the same (correct) information for 14 quid ^_^

Ditto.

I suppose. But hey eBay can surprise you.I bought Justice League 42 in poor condition for 99p and sold it again giving all the same (correct) information for 14 quid ^_^

If you're willing to do the work, do what Dr. Banner suggested and buy larger lots and break them up into individual books. You'll make a little bit on each book, but those little bits add up.

As for your idea to keep the Captain Action and start your own Captain Action collection, that sounds like a good idea! smile.gif