• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GPAnalysis help.

61 posts in this topic

Thus there is a inconsistency between the "actual" FMV and the GPA data used by many as FMV. Agreed there is "intregrety" in the actual sale of a book for a price being reported which I believe your and pov's point to be.

As GPA points out on their site: "GPAnalysis for CGC Comics enables comic traders to instantly determine current and past prices realized for specific books traded and graph each book's performance. Never before have traders had the power to make such informed decisions on their comic investments."

The real issue, as I see it, is that an FMV for many books is a fallacy. There IS no FMV...only what someone is willing to pay. So if someone pays $1500 for a GCG 9.4 AnyTitle #1 and someone else pays $2200 and a third pays $1100, well - what is FMV on that particular book? Can anyone say with assurance what the next one will sell for? Obviously not. But that is where having an accurate compilation of previous sales combined with a thorough knowledge of the market can create an advantage. At least more often than someone who goes in blindly with no previous information.

But that is where having an accurate compilation of previous sales combined with a thorough knowledge of the market can create an advantage. At least more often than someone who goes in blindly with no previous information.

Couple this with the soon to be released additional column in GPA reporting on the CGC serial number (where possible and available), then you will have even more information at your disposable when it comes to deciding on why a certain sale was higher or lower than average. At least there will be a point of lookup for things like page quality and any grader's notes, restoration, etc.

It is important to remember that there are many factors that may have influenced a specific sale - however, sometimes there is nothing other than the demand. Especially on rarely traded books, even when sold through the same venue and with a short period of time apart.

GP.

Couple this with the soon to be released additional column in GPA reporting on the CGC serial number (where possible and available), then you will have even more information at your disposable when it comes to deciding on why a certain sale was higher or lower than average. At least there will be a point of lookup for things like page quality and any grader's notes, restoration, etc.

Well dang. I mean...well...DANG!!! A nice touch indeed! Means folks can actually call for grader notes if they are so inclined and if they are aware! Nice indeed!

The number of people who have subscribed to this service as a result of seeing requests like Tomega's fulfilled would more than justify the "IP" given away. I am one of those subscribers who only joined because of GPA exposure here.

It is obvious that you have a legal background and not a sales/marketing background.................

Well dang. I mean...well...DANG!!! A nice touch indeed! Means folks can actually call for grader notes if they are so inclined and if they are aware! Nice indeed!

Glad you like it - we actually were intially going to just record page quality, but then thought having the serial number there would give all the info of the label, and more info is always better smile.gif I'm not sure if you guys have the same lookup say dealers get where you can interrogate specific serial numbers on the CGC web site?

The number of people who have subscribed to this service as a result of seeing requests like Tomega's fulfilled would more than justify the "IP" given away. I am one of those subscribers who only joined because of GPA exposure here.

Seriously, Mushroom, and you know I love you like a brother (Cain? Is that you? grin.gifwink.gif ::oops - not supposed to use graemlins:: but GPA has been around a while now and so has their exposure on the boards. And the thing is that folks are not asking for a generalization of prices but specifically for GPAnalysis. So obviously they have heard of GPA and also appreciate their place in the comic world.

I don;t buy CGC books as a rule and still have my three free subs from joining - and they are just a few months from expiring. But I decided that GPA was worth the few bucks to subscribe. And I find it a fascinating exercise.

smile.gif ::rats::

Glad you like it - we actually were intially going to just record page quality, but then thought having the serial number there would give all the info of the label, and more info is always better smile.gif I'm not sure if you guys have the same lookup say dealers get where you can interrogate specific serial numbers on the CGC web site?

Don't forget to add the page quality too.

I don't want to be looking every darn serial number for the page quality.

Christo_pull_hair.gif

Oh and you are doing a nice job! flowerred.gif

One more thing. Please place the Login area on the left side of the screen so it's easier please.

hi.gif

It is obvious that you have a legal background and not a sales/marketing background.................

It appears YOU have neither . . . 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Don't forget to add the page quality too.

I don't want to be looking every darn serial number for the page quality.

Christo_pull_hair.gif

Yep, hence why I asked if everyone has the capacity to look up stuff - but what we could do, with permission from CGC, is extract all the page info with serials we have and then show both the serial number and PQ.

Oh and you are doing a nice job! flowerred.gif

Sweetener for....

One more thing. Please place the Login area on the left side of the screen so it's easier please.

hi.gif

Is it cause your screen is smaller than the width resolution of our web pages?

hi.gif

The page (even when opened fully on my screen) just misses the login area and I have to scroll.

No big deal but it's a convenience.

hi.gif

The page (even when opened fully on my screen) just misses the login area and I have to scroll.

No big deal but it's a convenience.

Same here - on both of my monitors hi.gif

On 1024 x 768 you shouldn't need to scroll for the login - are you on a lower resolution than that?

800x600

One lower.

I can't play all my older games on higher resolutions. poke2.gif

Aces - I feel for you. No idea what your budget is like and do not wish to presume but nowadays you can get 17" flat panel monitors for about $200. Mine has a res of 1280x1024 and is very readable even to THESE old eyes. Just a thought if if the budget does not allow I do sympathize because last year was in the same boat! frown.gif

I do have higher res but use 800x600 cause that's what I've used all these years.

I just tried 1600x1200 and those mega scans I took of some comics (before shrinking them for eBay) look nice!

But the lower res allows you to see the faults better!?

Maybe that's why I undergrade the scans here a lot by one notch? confused-smiley-013.gif

insane.gif

It appears YOU have neither . . . 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

How do you figure that........................... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

a really biting retort....you have cut me to the quick.