• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Granny's attic

55 posts in this topic

A girl buying comic books....in the '60s...as an investment.... screwy.gif

Isn't one of the recognized Golden Age pedigrees from a woman who was buying first issues as an investment?

There is the Japanese (?) sounding name Yaka something pedigree from the late 1940s or so. I have one of those somewhere.

That FF1 is looking pretty sweet. Think you can post a higher rez scan of that bad boy? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Or better yet, put them up for sale and/or answer your PMs, newbie! hi.gif

That FF1 is looking pretty sweet. Think you can post a higher rez scan of that bad boy? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Vulture. sumo.gif

Vulture. sumo.gif

For wanting to buy some books? What, isn't my money green enough? screwy.gif

Vulture. sumo.gif

sorry.gif

Vulture. sumo.gif

Send me your green money. I'll go up into the attic and bring down any book you want. In any grade you want! 27_laughing.gif

Buy yourself a copy of the Overstreet Price Guide. If you don't know how to grade, bring a couple of issues in to a reputable comic dealer to find out what they think the grades are, so you can get a sense of what grades your comics are in. Then look at the prices in the Guide, based on the grades of your comics, and anything that's worth over $100, submit to CGC. Unless you need money quickly or something, the superior return that you'll get from selling slabbed books will make up for the waiting time and submission fees.

Then you can determine how best to sell them: direct to board members, via eBay or Heritage, consign, or direct to dealer.

Vulture. sumo.gif

Gypsies Tramps and Thieves oh my!

Still, guess it's better than being a cheapskate, bargain-hunting wiseass! grin.gif I wish we could make our own titles, that would be mine. flowerred.gif