• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Recommendation

29 posts in this topic

Every batman picture on that cover is great apart from the one on the bottom right. i hate that art. Ruined JLA for me :'( Damn cartoon network interefernce! Christo_pull_hair.gif

I happen to like animated Batman! sumo.gif

56batman.jpg

I despise that artwork. That one isnt actually so bad. It's more the cartoon nework stuff that gets me. I'm a massive Justice League fan and feel the whoel thign has been brought down by this. They even brought out [#@$%!!!] figures like them frustrated.gif

2002061000140201.jpgangledgroup.jpgChristo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gif

Regarding the Cartoon style being included in the Batman Covers Book... I think it does belong.

While it might not be everyones cup of tea. It is a known style, and has it's place.

Ze-

I like Bruce Timm's style and all the cartoon derivations following for the DC characters. IMO they appeal more to kids today who are bombarded with yugioh and pokemaon style animation. I've learned to respect its place in the industry.

Here is a cover I think is simple but highly stylized, even as a comic cover you can see alot went into how he wanted to characters to look. I think the hardest, most important part about trying to dumb down a drawing for animation, is keeping the core elements of a character intact with minimal lines. Allowing them to be easily animated. Magna influenced or not.. it aint all that bad.

batmancovercartoon.JPG

And I got through most of the book last night, it is well worth picking up. Reading articles written by famous artists, their favorite covers.. and inside info about what cover inspired them the most is a neat look inside what drives many of these guys.

I cannot decide what new artist I like best... Sale, Breyfogle, Bolland, Golden,Johnson. These guys all have a high degree of style, and are each unique in how they handle Bats.

And if anybody has a copy of Tec #457 by Giordano for sale.. lemme know. I have never seen that issue before.. thought it was really creative.

So to carry on about this book.. I like it alot.. ( as if I had to tell you that)

Kenny

Batman the Animated Series on Fox had the better art, IMO

once it moved to WB/CN, the art turned all "colorful"

I will concede that. Timm's Batman Animated series was excellent. JusticeLeague isn't as good.