• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

opinion on ASM1 (trimmed? )

8 posts in this topic

My buddy sent me these and it was offered to him as a 4.5/5.0 ..asking 5k.

Told him I'm clueless regarding grade especially trimming and tape .

Hoping you guys can tell me what you think so I can save him some money. told him I don't even know if this is blue or purple and what grade.

Than IMG_5620_zpsndotsiui.jpg]photobucket[/url] IMG_5626_zpssejct6ej.jpg]photobucket[/url] IMG_5628_zpsvlhuxdag.jpg]photobucket[/url] IMG_5621_zpsxsqehlnc.jpg]photobucket[/url] IMG_5624_zpsbca897wf.jpg]photobucket[/url] IMG_5619_zps5xhxahhh.jpg]photobucket[/url] IMG_5635_zpsuu20a6bs.jpg]photobucket[/url] IMG_5623_zpskpqwke82.jpg]photobucket[/url] ks in advance

30 views and no opinions..really??

and i was all proud that I had a place to get an expert assessment :)

anyway, someone brought up the staple possibly having been relocated ...

so can I just get a number and color from my favorite group (with only half the book visible - so ball park) if no one wants to break the book down ? 4.0 purple? 9.2 blue ? :)

Thanks

I think this is a case of 'You can't see the Forest for the trees'. There are no pics of the whole comic, just highlighted sections. Also, except for one staple area, you showed us nothing of the spine. I do think something weird is going on with this comic, maybe a big spine realignment thing but not sure. I would not spend 5K on this book unless CGC sees it first.

I had a 4.5 (high end, but just shy of 5.0) in mind from what I could see. Agree with the grade assigned by seller. But have no opinion on purple or blue since as Bob mentioned there is no full-cover high res scan of book. Might have been trimmed, might not, easier to tell if it's in hand, I couldn't even guess with this one.

Thanks bomber...I get it and i agree. its just that these are pretty much all he sent me. I mean you can go into my photo bucket and see a couple more pics but nothing too revealing .

I guess I just wanted to know what it couldn't possibly be graded above looking at the potential issues (assuming everything else was "normal" ).

is the tape automatic purple ? does it look trimmed? was the spine realigned as you said? staple moved...I guess asking for a grade was foolish...i should have just asked what looked questionable in these pics :)

I'll take your advice to the bank and let him know somethings up and it should get sent in as a condition of purchase.

Thank you again ...

I wouldn't assume the edge is trimmed just because it comes up short of the page edge. It's fairly frayed, which would indicate is hasn't been trimmed recently anyway. Tape won't get a PLOD, but if there is also glue it would. Impossible to give a grade without pictures of the whole book, but from the wear shown and the tape, 4.0 would seem the best possible grade, and I wouldn't count on it. He can probably get a slabbed 3.5 for around 5K, which I would do before I bought that book.