• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tales of Asgard

163 posts in this topic

Thanks for keeping me appraised of the progress of your thread. I had not checked back for a few weeks. Great stuff. thumbsup2.gif

Hope I can contribute something to it at some point.

BTW - this cracks me up more than anything. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

odinhot.jpg

By the way this image is not from Marvel, yet it appeared in 1967. Well after Aunt May was an established character. And while I realize that if I were to sit down and draw a frail older woman I might unconsciously draw Aunt May, it still struck me as odd that another company would come very close in my opinion to an Aunt May type. (Kirby avoided this when he drew Agatha Harkness)

auntmaygonewild2.jpg

The book this came from is....

forbiddenworlds144.jpg

And the little girl.....a prepubescent Gwen Stacy? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That's what I thought as well. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif This could explain the whole "Osborn affair".

Abused and betrayed by women as a child she seeks the attention of men anywhere she can find it.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

skrulls.gifIN LOVE

In the 5th quadrant of the Andromeda Galaxy. Well, that's where FF# 18 says the SKRULLS come from at least.

The Skrulls are a shape-shifting species. Their usual characteristics are pointed ears, and green skin.

Most of the Males have a wrinkled chin, and a few females have this feature as well.

skrull3.jpg

Their Leader, decided to invade Earth (in FF # 2) but had heard of the super fighting team called the Fantastic Four.

Even though the Fantastic Four had only had one recorded adventure, the Skrulls from outer space were very concerned about them.

4 Skrulls were sent to Earth to impersonate the FF, and make Earth Nations attack and destroy the FF,

leaving the planet unprotected from a Skrull invasion. mad.gif

skrull4.gif

When that plan didn't work, the King decided to use all of the Skrull resources

(They must have raised taxes...they are evil you know) devil.gif

and improve one single Skrull. The Super-Skrull failed, but was able to fight several times later on. (ff # 18)

skrull5.jpg

The Leader of the SKRULLS must have decided to have everybody change their skin color from Green to a Yellowish-Green, by FF # 37. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

This Skin Color change didn't last forever, and soon they were back to their old Green.

skrullship.jpg

Above is a typical skrull royal transport vessel. (Jack Kirby must have enjoyed sketching this one.)

Can you imagine Chrysler hiring Kirby for a few days? And you thought the Batmobile was cool!!!

Although Skrulls wear all kinds of groovy outfits, they traditionally love the color purple.

skrull10.gif

(No, not the movie) makepoint.gif

During the Skin color thingy, a tragic romance came to a Marvel type ending.

skrull7.gif

The Skrull above and on the far left is MORRAT. He killed the Father of Sue, and Johnny Storm.

He also wants to marry the Kings daughter, ANELLE.

skrull8.gif Ah sweet Anelle...... cloud9.gif

MORRAT had plans to over throw his future Father in-Law.

inlove1.jpg

Killing the FF was all he needed to make himself popular among the skrulls.

inlove3.jpg

Also he was a whiz at opening coke bottles with his helmet.

inlove2.jpg

ANELLE knew that MORRAT was evil, (and that's saying something for a SKRULL)

but she couldn't stop loving him... sigh. flowerred.gif

skrull11.gif

The King shows up and things get a little out of hand.

skrull6.gif

In the confusion, MORRAT is killed accidently by his fellow Skrulls. foreheadslap.gif

skrull9.gif

Oh, sniff, this is so sad... frown.gif

skrull3.jpg

skrull5.jpg

maybe the king was upset at the crown reduction he had to go through after the first failed effort to conquer earth. going from an intricate gold number to that rather plain, dull thingy would set any despot to plans of conquest.

this reduction is also known as "The Colletta effect" amongst veteran readers

The color of the Skrulls was obviouslly an oversight. I have two copies of that issue #37 and they are the same. I should check the Masterworks series and see if they were colored correctly there. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I also wanted to show where sometimes the lady skrulls didn't have a wrinkled chin. Of course Stan and Jack didn't think anyone would be scrutinizing their stories 40 years later. wink.gif

The color of the Skrulls was obviouslly an oversight. I have two copies of that issue #37 and they are the same. I should check the Masterworks series and see if they were colored correctly there. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I also wanted to show where sometimes the lady skrulls didn't have a wrinkled chin. Of course Stan and Jack didn't think anyone would be scrutinizing their stories 40 years later. wink.gif

I'm still waiting for the "Untold Tales of the Avengers" where we get so see that bunch of cows kicking the living cr@p out of the Vision. Where's Evan Dorkin when you need him??

Here is page one of Sgt. Fury # 66. Fury has been captured by the Nazi's and

Hitler himself is there to stir up the blood-thirsty soldiers just before they kill the American Commando.

839680-sgt66m1jpg.jpg

839680-sgt66m1jpg.jpg.c9a18b9fcbd26bde9a3558e30b888e39.jpg

As you can probably imagine, Fury's hands have been tied behind his back.

And yet notice that when Hitler says he'll spare Fury's life if he publicly confesses

that the Nazi party is the pure Master race, somehow Fury get's a hand free and shoves Hitler in the face.

839687-sgt66m2.jpg

839687-sgt66m2.jpg.a790c5922589db20b51a49a22412927f.jpg