• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Geeks Talkin' Cars

64 posts in this topic

btw, what don't you like about BMW? Because you're right, the car magazines love them....

I've got an Audi... need the full-time awd. Sometimes it snows up here in Canada. mad.giffrown.gifwink.gif

I just don't like the looks of their cars..they're too stiff looking with the exception of the M3 and M5. Also, I don't believe the hype that the car mags give them...it's more of a..well this company made it so it has to be great attitude then it is factual reporting. I'm more of a Lexus guy, as you can see in the pic I have an IS 300 as well. It's a great car, if Lexus starts making AWD versions of their sedans..I will never leave Lexus. As for Audi, they do make some great cars..the Audi TT is very cool..I was very intrigued by the car but it was just a bit too "kiddish" for me. The only thing I didn't like about Audi is the interior lighting..it makes the car look like it's "possessed" tongue.gif

Brian

Yeah, I had someone tell me it looks like the cockpit of a plane.

I wanted to look at the Lexus, but awd was high on my list of needed features. I'd love an sc430, though. The push-button retractible top would be great - again, a climate related opinion.

about the M3...

I have a "rich" friend that has a crew of buddies with M3's...One time I overheard one of them speaking of a race between them (M3) & a Toyota Solara Supercharged (probably with more mods) ending up head to head in a race shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif Goes to show ya how the driver is such a bid factor; even if you have 500 HP doesn't mean your're going to win if you suck @ driving & do not know your car tongue.gif

The M3 is a nice car, I just don't think it deserves the constant drooling over treatment that car mags give it. Also, I don't think I've seen a more overpriced car in my life then the M5. The price tag on that car is just ridiculous. Would much rather by a similar LS 430 or S series Mercedes then dish out that kinda cash for a "sports" sedan.

Brian

My dad also loves Lexus. He's gotten to the point where he just buys them and lets them sit. I swear the GS that he bought hasn't even been driven yet.

It's interesting though..Acura used to be THE brand, now Lexus has basically taken them out back and beat 'em down.

Brian

An M5, ultra expensive ASM's, and you're "not ready to enter the workforce yet," I suppose life's rough as a student. grin.gif Just givin ya a hard time there Murph, you're a credit to the hobby & I believe you've bought a few books from me in the past. laugh.gif

heh yeh thanks tongue.gif The stock market was a major major benefit to me..I'm just glad I made it out in time. Anyways, I'm sure if I bought something from you it must've been a great transactions (seeing as how I've had no bad transactions) so thanks tongue.gif

Brian

The stock market was also a real benefit for me as well, significantly bolstering my ability to buy more comics! I have a rough time buying my wife a couch & remodeling the kitchen, but I have no problem buying comics. I've got a batch of ASM's in but am not sure what to do with them, any suggestions? Got a few up at the moment, but low bids (nothing up higher than a 9.2). tongue.gif