• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-men 96

14 posts in this topic

I say that because the corners are fairly sharp , the covers have only a little staining but there appear to be alot of spine ticks, although they are non-color breaking.

edit: had not seen timmays post yet when I said that.

Let me pose this ? I've been here a long time, I remember when pressing was a hot topic and there were camps on both sides of the river

Press out the spine clean the book what what do you have? hmm white pages with that new comic smell. Covers are reflective. I wish it was a 94 or a 95 but the nicest 96 I've seen.

Sample from Overstreet.... to be honest I might look to others who put their standards out in the open, rather then toss darts.......

Seems to me that the only issue with this book appears to be some non color breaking "creases. The stain may not be as terrible as it's being made out to be, finally when i open the book carefully no one has opened this cover fully? Seems 8's and 8.5 are a little harsh IMHO

"NM 9.4 - same as 9.6 but with an up to 1/16 inch bend without any color break (no white showing through the color) also ever-so-slight blunting of the corners and a few VERY SLIGHT stress lines

NM- 9.2 same as above but page color may be off-white to cream in color and that 1 cover crease can be 1/16 to 1/8 inch with no color break allowed

VF/NM 9.0 - 1/8 inch bend with no color break, very minor foxing allowed, small amount of cover wear, several date stamps and or small hidden initials allowed, slight staple tears allowed - Minor Accumulation of stress lines allowed and some very minor interior tears allowed

VF+ 8.5 - 1/4 inch cover crease with no color break allowed, Minor spine split with some minor color break allowed, Some slightly more noticeable stress lines allowed and paper can be Cream to Tan but must remain supple

VF 8.0 - Same as 8.5 but with some very very minor spine roll -- Must lay almost completely flat"

Does not look like an 8.0 or 8.5 closer to a 9.0/9.2 pressed to a 9.4 and who knows.

Food for thought

:baiting:

Let me pose this ? I've been here a long time, I remember when pressing was a hot topic and there were camps on both sides of the river

Press out the spine clean the book what what do you have? hmm white pages with that new comic smell. Covers are reflective. I wish it was a 94 or a 95 but the nicest 96 I've seen.

Sample from Overstreet.... to be honest I might look to others who put their standards out in the open, rather then toss darts.......

Seems to me that the only issue with this book appears to be some non color breaking "creases. The stain may not be as terrible as it's being made out to be, finally when i open the book carefully no one has opened this cover fully? Seems 8's and 8.5 are a little harsh IMHO

"NM 9.4 - same as 9.6 but with an up to 1/16 inch bend without any color break (no white showing through the color) also ever-so-slight blunting of the corners and a few VERY SLIGHT stress lines

NM- 9.2 same as above but page color may be off-white to cream in color and that 1 cover crease can be 1/16 to 1/8 inch with no color break allowed

VF/NM 9.0 - 1/8 inch bend with no color break, very minor foxing allowed, small amount of cover wear, several date stamps and or small hidden initials allowed, slight staple tears allowed - Minor Accumulation of stress lines allowed and some very minor interior tears allowed

VF+ 8.5 - 1/4 inch cover crease with no color break allowed, Minor spine split with some minor color break allowed, Some slightly more noticeable stress lines allowed and paper can be Cream to Tan but must remain supple

VF 8.0 - Same as 8.5 but with some very very minor spine roll -- Must lay almost completely flat"

Does not look like an 8.0 or 8.5 closer to a 9.0/9.2 pressed to a 9.4 and who knows.

Food for thought

:baiting:

8.5 lol