• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED! JUNKPILE SALE! Giveaways, premiums & misc paper

97 posts in this topic

Hi Gang! Have the week off so I thought I'd end the year with another sale. Included in this sale are giveaway comics, radio/TV/cereal premiums and some misc paper and stuff. Low prices to move!

Rules:

No problem children or HOS members.

Postage is generally $4.50 a few items might be a little less or more and will be noted with price. Very well packaged. I will combine postage on multiple purchases. All will come with tracking.

I prefer to sell only to US addresses but might make an exception if I know you.

PM's and offers... I am trying to sell this stuff and want to get as much listed as I can. I try to price fairly. I probably won't have a lot of time to review PMs if I want to get this stuff listed. An "I'LL TAKE IT" takes it first. So, keep that in mind if you want something. When I get done, I will review PMs (in order of when they came in). If you have a question (other than a lower offer) post it and I will try to answer you.

Payment is by PayPal within 3 days FIRM. I will also take checks and money orders if you let me know after I send you an invoice.

Returns: No hassle returns within two weeks from when tracking says it was delivered. Return postage is on you unless I make a gross error and in that case I will "man-up" and pay return postage. I don't expect any returns though as I've only had 3 or 4 in 40 years.

This stuff all comes from a smoke filled, varmit infested, mouldy junk house. (Just kidding!) Here we go...

First up a cool giveaway...

Outer Space 1953 Richfield Oil. 7" x 10" 16 pages on newsprint. All about rockets, and space exploration. Nice copy with no tears or creases and nice color. Has a small ink initial at top and a small store stamp on helmet. Inside first page has a small neat crayon name. Very slight spine bend. Unusual and very cool.

WAS $45.00 NOW $40.00

outerspace1_zpsg76yx5q6.jpg

outerspace2_zpsxzulryfx.jpg

Gabby Hayes 1951 pair of Quaker Oats Giveaways.

"The Fence Post Mystery" and "Tracks of Guilt". Both are 24 pages 2-5/8" x 7". Full color on newsprint.

Both very nice shape. Each has a tiny tear. One on front and other on back. Flat, bright and clean with no creases.

WAS $25.00 for the pair NOW $20.00 for the pair!

gabbyhayes1_zpshgf2bhfl.jpg

gabbyhayes2_zpssk7xx0yh.jpg

Lot of (7) different Walter Lantz character cards from Carnation Corn Flakes. Late 1940's. Came in cereal boxes. Bright, clean and colorful. Each has a different Woody Wood Pecker drawing lesson on back.

Cards are overall nice shape. A couple have small creases and one has a small corner tear. One has a small color tear on back.

$10.00 for the lot + $2.50 postage

walterlantzcards1_zpskrq2esvk.jpg

walterlantzcards2_zpsvcivzbag.jpg

1942 Capt. Midnight Radio Premium Handbook from Ovaltine.

Awsome wartime piece. Shows decoder and how to use it. Secret signals, Map of the pacific showing air bases. Just awsome full color stuff on every page. These are getting harder and harder to find.

This one was seen some war damage. Has some all over water staining, a couple small tears at bottom right corner, rusty staples and a little dirty on back cover. Still, tight and solid and supple.

$35.00 as is...

captmidnitemanual1_zpsycrbg9sg.jpg

captmidnitemanual2_zpss6kgamue.jpg

captmidnitemanual3_zpstphjeyll.jpg

captmidnitemanual4_zpsjhndkx0p.jpg

Lot of (8) 1958 Rin Tin Tin Nabisco premiums.

Included are (3) Nabisco Shredded Wheat cereal box inserts offering other Rin Tin Tin premiums, (2) 3D stereo cards and 3 different unused patches with characters fron the show. One featuring Rinny himself.

$20.00 for the lot

rintintinlot_zpsngihczym.jpg

Operation Survival "Lil Abner Civil Defense Giveaway

6-3/4" x 10-3/4" 32 pages on newsprint.

Very nice shape. Only faults are a very tiny back cover tear and a small bend and light stain at bottom of book in back. Bright, clean, tight and complete.

$25.00

littleabner1_zpsjf3t6m2w.jpg

littleabner2_zpstcdyofp6.jpg

SOLD Via PM

Here's a cool one!

Lot of (53) early 1960's Jack Davis "Funny Valentine" gum cards from Topps Chewing Gum.

Very colorful and bright. Has wonderful Davis art front and back. Mostly all different but has a few duplicates. Generally, nice condition. A few have tiny corner bends and creases. Most are excellent condition.

jackdaviscards_zpsmbdcbao1.jpg

Sergeant Preston of the Yukon 1956 Quaker Oats Giveaway Comic.

2-1/2" x 7" 14 pages in full color on newsprint

Has some wear with a light waterstain, a small bug hole, some small creases and general wear.

WAS $8.00 + $3.00 postage NOW $6.00 + $3.00 postage

sgtpreston_zpseiakghsk.jpg

sgtpreston2_zpshtfkdzzd.jpg

Playschool 1950's Catalog of Toys

3-1/4" x 7-1/4" 40 pages on newsprint. Pictures their whole toy line featuring Tinkertoys, Lincoln Logs, Trains, Educational toys, puzzles and more.

Excellent condition with no tears or creases.

WAS $15.00 + $3.00 postage NOW $10.00 + $3.00 postage

playschool1_zps1i7olxnc.jpg

playschool2_zpsgmtzygr3.jpg

playschool3_zpsgqygblvf.jpg

1952 Planter's Peanuts Mr. Peanut "Presidents of the United States" from Washington to Eisenhower.

Beautiful full color book. Has history on all the presidents. A great double page Mr. Peanut splash in center. 7-1/2" x 10-1/2" 32 pages printed on heavy paper stock.

Very nice condition with no tears, splits or creases. 3 pages have very neat coloring otherwise un-used. A cool piece!

WAS $30.00 NOW $25.00

planterspresidents1_zpszl04xvt5.jpg

planterspresidents2_zpsur4vhfit.jpg

Annother cool premium item!

Lot of (13) early 1950's Capt. Video cereal premium Space Aliens and Robots.

There are (8) large ones. (two are hard rubber and probably from a playset). The rest are hard plastic cereal premiums. There are 5 smaller ones all hard plastic from the second series.

Excellent shape. One smaller one has tip of gun broken off as does one larger one. Otherwise, all complete with no breaks, chips or cracks. Great lot!

STILL $50.00 (and worth it!)

captvideospacemen_zpsf8vj6i0d.jpg

Lot of (4) Kelloggs Cereal premiums.

Kelloggs Jumbly Jungle Book. 1948 Has pages that fold back and forth to create 335 animal combinations. Also included are 3 vintage Kelloggs Tony the Tiger postcards. Two picture the factory as well.

WAS $20.00 NOW $15.00

kelloggsstuff_zpsdrql8i8j.jpg