• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED! JUNKPILE SALE! Giveaways, premiums & misc paper

97 posts in this topic

LITTLE ORPHAN ANNIE Pair 1932 Radio Photos. This is for two different 8" x 10" b/w glossy photos of Little Orphan Annie (Shirley Bell) and Joe Corntassell (Allan Baruch) in costume. Nice, bright , complete and clean with just minor wear. Each has several small staple holes on

white borders but no tears or missing pieces. Kind of hard to come by.

WAS $40.00 for the pair NOW $35.00 for the pair!

orphananniepictures_zpsw3hbgxdr.jpg

Davy Crockett Safety Trails 1955 Cities Service Gasoline Giveaway

3-3/4" x 7" 16 pages in full color on newsprint.

Has a couple small tears on front. A small piece out of bottom and some light pencil scribbling on back. Some light creases.

$6.00 + $3.00 postage

davycrockett1_zpsfwpfwk4w.jpg

davycrockett2_zpscldon8qt.jpg

A couple of cool early Amos and Andy Premiums.

AMOS & ANDY 1935 “Amos Wedding” Radio -script in original mailing envelope. (Nice photo on cover) excellent condition.

AMOS & ANDY 1930’s 5” X 7” b/w Mutoscope Card 3-1/4” x 5- 1/4” has facsimilie autographs at bottom.

$35.00

amosandypremiums_zpstxnzkhke.jpg

OK gang, I get the picture, only funny books allowed here...

I did lower the prices a bit as low as I can go. So buy something already and give me incentive to post some more stuff tonight...

Not necessarily comic books… Post something which could tickle my "wartime atmosphere" search focus and magic could happen… :D

This one, for example, is a very cool item, but not something I could use.

Another very cool item!

1944 Jack Armstrong Wheaties "True Flight Warplane Model Kit with original envelope. Originaly came with one plane per envelope but there are two here. One is a British Spitfire and one is a German Focke-Wulf. Both planes are un-used and colorful. Comes with original waterstained envelope and instruction sheet with coupon neatly cut out.

WAS $40.00 NOW $35.00

jackarmstrongairplanes_zpssfcl6hbf.jpg

....i'm holding out for a cheap Mystic 2.....

Obviously wrong thread kemosabe. Check with Ricksneatstuff, if it's got a hot babe on it perhaps he will sell it to you!

(and THAT one never goes cheep, believe me...)

Well how 'bout that? It does! (as well as a Nazi skeleton holding a hypo. No wonder you want it.)

commystic2_zpspif68rsd.jpg

This one, for example, is a very cool item, but not something I could use.

Another very cool item!

1944 Jack Armstrong Wheaties "True Flight Warplane Model Kit with original envelope. Originaly came with one plane per envelope but there are two here. One is a British Spitfire and one is a German Focke-Wulf. Both planes are un-used and colorful. Comes with original waterstained envelope and instruction sheet with coupon neatly cut out.

WAS $40.00 NOW $35.00

jackarmstrongairplanes_zpssfcl6hbf.jpg

It don't get more "Wartime" than that Claudio. Perhaps if it had one of Benito's planes in there?

It don't get more "Wartime" than that Claudio. Perhaps if it had one of Benito's planes in there?

These are actually very cool… I have a few wartime comics journals with "cut out" planes, but the planes themselves as a giveaway… Not sure they could be useful for my focus! :D

That Dell comics magazine was interesting precisely because it was in the form of a comic… I should get the Reddy Kilowatt in a week or a bit more. Will let you know! :)

WARNING! No men in tights tonight either. So you have been warned. If you want funny books, go check out Ricksneatstuff instead. He has been posting just steller, rare books.

OK, since I have the photos anyway might as well post these. Here's your chance to branch out a bit. Some of these are VERY hard to find. I know because I've been hunting them down for 40 years.

These photos just don't do these justice. They are very hard to photo without glare. Hard to get the lighting just right too. These are bright and sharp unless otherwise noted.

Plastic Man Late 1940's Pinback. Possibly a bread premium from the Chicago area. Many years ago, I bought two of these at the Chicago toy show. He didn't know what it was. I have seen two years ago in Hakes auctions. Looks like the streatchy one to me but you be the judge.

1-1/8" round painted tin litho. Has mfgr mark on rim. Bright, sharp and excellent condition.

$45.00 + $2.50 postage

plasticmanpin_zpsu2al61lq.jpg

Ooooh, rare one alert...

Shock Gibson 1939 "Live Wires Volunteers" Speed Comics Pinback Button. Says: "Honesty, fair play and Justice" Came in a VERY rare membership kit from the comic.

Now it's a no brainer how hard the comics are to get. How often are you going to get a chance at one of these for less than the price of many of the comics?

Red and yellow on black background. 1-5/8" oval cello pin.

Nice, bright with great color and sharp detail. Has just a light hint of spotting in the center of the yellow back ground. (Sorry for the dirty glare around pin. It is not there on the acutal pin)

$150.00 + $2.50 postage

shockgibsonpin_zpst4jo8t1p.jpg

SOLD!

Fritz the Cat Pinback from the late '60's movie. Rare R. Crumb piece. Pictures Fritz with his hand down his girl's shirt. "Fritz is my kind of Cat"

2-1/8" round Black and red on yellow/orange cello background.

Excellent condition with no cracks or foxing. Flat and smooth. Nice, bright, sharp color. Pin is darker than this washed out photo.

Scarce one!

fritzcatpin_zps2scy9rih.jpg

Ooooh, rare one alert...

Shock Gibson 1939 "Live Wires Volunteers" Speed Comics Pinback Button. Says: "Honesty, fair play and Justice" Came in a VERY rare membership kit from the comic.

Now it's a no brainer how hard the comics are to get. How often are you going to get a chance at one of these for less than the price of many of the comics?

Red and yellow on black background. 1-5/8" oval cello pin.

Nice, bright with great color and sharp detail. Has just a light hint of spotting in the center of the yellow back ground. (Sorry for the dirty glare around pin. It is not there on the acutal pin)

$150.00 + $2.50 postage

shockgibsonpin_zpst4jo8t1p.jpg

Shucks that is sweet..why do I have champagne taste?aaaarrgghh.