• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED! JUNKPILE SALE! Giveaways, premiums & misc paper

97 posts in this topic

Ooooh, rare one alert...

Shock Gibson 1939 "Live Wires Volunteers" Speed Comics Pinback Button. Says: "Honesty, fair play and Justice" Came in a VERY rare membership kit from the comic.

Now it's a no brainer how hard the comics are to get. How often are you going to get a chance at one of these for less than the price of many of the comics?

Red and yellow on black background. 1-5/8" oval cello pin.

Nice, bright with great color and sharp detail. Has just a light hint of spotting in the center of the yellow back ground. (Sorry for the dirty glare around pin. It is not there on the acutal pin)

$150.00 + $2.50 postage

shockgibsonpin_zpst4jo8t1p.jpg

Shucks that is sweet..why do I have champagne taste?aaaarrgghh.

Hang in Jimmers, I've got an even better one coming up at the end!

SOLD!

Superman of America 1955 version "Supermen of America" club membership button. From the 3rd version of this long running club kit.

1-1/4" red, yellow, blue and black on white cello background.

Made just slightly off center. A few VERY tiny edge spots. Bright, rich deep color with no cello cracks. A very nice example.

$45.00 + $2.50 postage

supermanclubpin_zps149ymjg6.jpg

Space Angel 1950's TV Show Pinback Button. From the folks who brought you Clutch Cargo! Nice head shot on this short running show.

1-1/8" black and pink on white tin background.

Has a very slight dent and a couple pinpoint scratches. Color is dark and sharp not washed out like this photo.

Scarce pinback!

$20.00 + $2.50 postage

spaceangelpin_zpsv6qlecv3.jpg

Fritz the Cat Pinback from the late '60's movie. Rare R. Crumb piece. Pictures Fritz with his hand down his girl's shirt. "Fritz is my kind of Cat"

2-1/8" round Black and red on yellow/orange cello background.

Excellent condition with no cracks or foxing. Flat and smooth. Nice, bright, sharp color. Pin is darker than this washed out photo.

Scarce one!

$35.00 + $2.50 postage

fritzcatpin_zps2scy9rih.jpg

:takeit:

Bill Barnes Air Warden Cadet Pinback. Wartime Street & Smith comic book premium.

1-1/2" 3-color cello pin.

Excellent, bright and sharp with great rich, dark color. Beautiful condition

$30.00 + $2.50 postage

airwardencadetpin_zpsv18gwdf4.jpg

:takeit: Can't pass this up! My father-in-law was named Bill Barnes and I already bought my wife a Bill Barnes #1. Perfect companion piece for it.

Buck Rogers 1948 Rocket Rangers "Satellite Pioneers" tin tab pin.

2" red and black on white tin background.

Two very tiny scratches at 3:00. Otherwsie, excellent with deep color and sharp detail. Has original tab which is nearly always gone on this piece.

$45.00 + $2.50 postage

buckrogerspin_zpsqxwhaoq6.jpg

Fritz the Cat Pinback from the late '60's movie. Rare R. Crumb piece. Pictures Fritz with his hand down his girl's shirt. "Fritz is my kind of Cat"

Excellent condition with no cracks or foxing. Flat and smooth. Nice, bright, sharp color. Pin is darker than this washed out photo.

Scarce one!

$35.00 + $2.50 postage

Sold to FelixtheCat! A nice purchase and I thank you!

Bill Barnes Air Warden Cadet Pinback. Wartime Street & Smith comic book premium.

1-1/2" 3-color cello pin.

Excellent, bright and sharp with great rich, dark color. Beautiful condition

$30.00 + $2.50 postage

airwardencadetpin_zpsv18gwdf4.jpg

:takeit: Can't pass this up! My father-in-law was named Bill Barnes and I already bought my wife a Bill Barnes #1. Perfect companion piece for it.

Sold to Frantic! Many thanks glad it is going where it belongs!

SOLD!

OK, last one for this thread and it's a killer!

American Eagle Defenders 1942 Nedor Club Pinback. Only Nedor premium I know of. Only offered in a few comics. Along with the US Jones Club, Great Zarro Great Comics club and the Silver Streak comics button, this one of the rarest of the comic book club buttons. Ted Hake has only had maybe 3 of these in 45 years of his auctions. Several years ago I paid just over $600. for a mint one. Haven't seen one since. Walter Koneg (from Star Trek) who is probably the biggest collector of comic character pinbacks doesn't even have one.

1-1/4" red and blue on white cello

Obvious defect is the complete rim stain. It does not obscure the type around the edge and the picture of him in the center is clean and bright. Flat, no cracks, splits and no scratches just that darn stain...

There is a lot of interest in Nedor comics but there are MANY more comics out there than this button. If you want to own the rarest of the rare, now is your chance. On stuff like this, you just can't hold out "for a better one"

$150.00 + $2.50 postage

americaneaglepin_zpsghkfcroq.jpg

OK, that's all folks. yes, I've learned my lesson. From now on, I'll keep it to actual funny books because this IS after all a funny book forum.

I appreciate those who have purchased and even you lousy lurkers. Hope you have enjoyed this thread!

I will leave this up through tomorrow and probably send out invoices on Saturday.

Happy Trails kids!

This material is just amazing Robot Man – I believe it is mostly a question of timing, and of course the people able to appreciate these are few, not the majority of younger collectors aiming for Marvel/DC Silver and Bronze.

I strongly hope you’ll continue to list these: for the discerning collectors in Italy this material is entirely impossible to find.

Man, if I had at least a Shock Gibson comic book I would have been seriously tempted by the button… Not to mention the Fu Manchu one and the Plastic Man is awesome too… :foryou:

Scarce one!

$35.00 + $2.50 postage

Dang.

This material is just amazing Robot Man – I believe it is mostly a question of timing, and of course the people able to appreciate these are few, not the majority of younger collectors aiming for Marvel/DC Silver and Bronze.

I strongly hope you’ll continue to list these: for the discerning collectors in Italy this material is entirely impossible to find.

Man, if I had at least a Shock Gibson comic book I would have been seriously tempted by the button… Not to mention the Fu Manchu one and the Plastic Man is awesome too… :foryou:

Thanks Claudio. A lot of this stuff is near impossible to find even here. I have always appreciated the premiums advertised in the comic books as much as the comics themselves. I learned long ago how impossibly rare a lot of this stuff is. We have become a community of high grade slab chasers. Sadly, there is a lot less interest in is what is behind the cover.

Don't worry, I will continue to sprinkle in a little of the "other stuff" in my future sales threads but will probably keep them more comic book driven.

OK, that's all folks. yes, I've learned my lesson. From now on, I'll keep it to actual funny books because this IS after all a funny book forum.

I appreciate those who have purchased and even you lousy lurkers. Hope you have enjoyed this thread!

I will leave this up through tomorrow and probably send out invoices on Saturday.

Happy Trails kids!

I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your listing the Bill Barnes button. Don't think that the thread was pointless, because she's going to love it! Thanks again!

Thanks Claudio. A lot of this stuff is near impossible to find even here. I have always appreciated the premiums advertised in the comic books as much as the comics themselves. I learned long ago how impossibly rare a lot of this stuff is. We have become a community of high grade slab chasers. Sadly, there is a lot less interest in is what is behind the cover.

Don't worry, I will continue to sprinkle in a little of the "other stuff" in my future sales threads but will probably keep them more comic book driven.

I believe I have been "somewhat stupid", as at a recent auction they listed in a lot two of the earliest Centaur italian editions, including the first apperance of Shock Gibson. They are from around 1945 and lasted very little: these, actually, were "one shots".

They are super-super-rare, and they sold for slightly above 130 Euro… :ohnoez:

You can see them here:

https://new.liveauctioneers.com/item/49714669_pupazzetto-supplementi

Maybe I would have not kept them but they could have been of interest to some of you (SACentaur, Sardo, Ryan)…

l53vAPDl.jpg