• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED! JUNKPILE SALE! Giveaways, premiums & misc paper

97 posts in this topic

Superman of America 1955 version "Supermen of America" club membership button. From the 3rd version of this long running club kit.

1-1/4" red, yellow, blue and black on white cello background.

Made just slightly off center. A few VERY tiny edge spots. Bright, rich deep color with no cello cracks. A very nice example.

$45.00 + $2.50 postage

supermanclubpin_zps149ymjg6.jpg

:takeit:

1957 ZORRO 7up Movie Pinback Button. Was given out with a purchase of 7up.

1-1/2" orange and black on white background.

Has a few tiny scratches on the white tin background (mentioned for accuracy)

$15.00 + $2.50 postage

zorropin_zps68kbssuc.jpg

Sold to Norrin's! Thanks Greg!

Superman of America 1955 version "Supermen of America" club membership button. From the 3rd version of this long running club kit.

1-1/4" red, yellow, blue and black on white cello background.

Made just slightly off center. A few VERY tiny edge spots. Bright, rich deep color with no cello cracks. A very nice example.

$45.00 + $2.50 postage

supermanclubpin_zps149ymjg6.jpg

Sold to Norrin's! Many thanks for your purchase!

This material is just amazing Robot Man – I believe it is mostly a question of timing, and of course the people able to appreciate these are few, not the majority of younger collectors aiming for Marvel/DC Silver and Bronze.

I strongly hope you’ll continue to list these: for the discerning collectors in Italy this material is entirely impossible to find.

Man, if I had at least a Shock Gibson comic book I would have been seriously tempted by the button… Not to mention the Fu Manchu one and the Plastic Man is awesome too… :foryou:

Thanks Claudio. A lot of this stuff is near impossible to find even here. I have always appreciated the premiums advertised in the comic books as much as the comics themselves. I learned long ago how impossibly rare a lot of this stuff is. We have become a community of high grade slab chasers. Sadly, there is a lot less interest in is what is behind the cover.

Don't worry, I will continue to sprinkle in a little of the "other stuff" in my future sales threads but will probably keep them more comic book driven.

I believe I have been "somewhat stupid", as at a recent auction they listed in a lot two of the earliest Centaur italian editions, including the first apperance of Shock Gibson. They are from around 1945 and lasted very little: these, actually, were "one shots".

They are super-super-rare, and they sold for slightly above 130 Euro… :ohnoez:

You can see them here:

https://new.liveauctioneers.com/item/49714669_pupazzetto-supplementi

Maybe I would have not kept them but they could have been of interest to some of you (SACentaur, Sardo, Ryan)…

l53vAPDl.jpg

Those are very cool, Claudio!

I think the 2nd one is actually Speed Comics #1 , so a Harvey instead of Centaur, but still a thrill to see! Wonder what is on the insides of these? Translated reprints of the contents of Speed #1, for example, or was just the cover image "borrowed"?

I think the 2nd one is actually Speed Comics #1 , so a Harvey instead of Centaur, but still a thrill to see! Wonder what is on the insides of these? Translated reprints of the contents of Speed #1, for example, or was just the cover image "borrowed"?

No, no, I’m pretty sure they contain the whole story of the two Centaurs (probably only the Phantom of the Fair pages) and the Shock Gibson story from the issue you mention. My ignorance: I associate Shock Gibson with Centaur: wasn’t he in a Centaur title in the beginning?

As for the artwork, they were probably traced from the original drawings, as they were very likely unauthorized editions. In 1946-47 things would have changed.

OK, last one for this thread and it's a killer!

American Eagle Defenders 1942 Nedor Club Pinback. Only Nedor premium I know of. Only offered in a few comics. Along with the US Jones Club, Great Zarro Great Comics club and the Silver Streak comics button, this one of the rarest of the comic book club buttons. Ted Hake has only had maybe 3 of these in 45 years of his auctions. Several years ago I paid just over $600. for a mint one. Haven't seen one since. Walter Koneg (from Star Trek) who is probably the biggest collector of comic character pinbacks doesn't even have one.

1-1/4" red and blue on white cello

Obvious defect is the complete rim stain. It does not obscure the type around the edge and the picture of him in the center is clean and bright. Flat, no cracks, splits and no scratches just that darn stain...

There is a lot of interest in Nedor comics but there are MANY more comics out there than this button. If you want to own the rarest of the rare, now is your chance. On stuff like this, you just can't hold out "for a better one"

$150.00 + $2.50 postage

americaneaglepin_zpsghkfcroq.jpg

OK, last one for this thread and it's a killer!

American Eagle Defenders 1942 Nedor Club Pinback. Only Nedor premium I know of. Only offered in a few comics. Along with the US Jones Club, Great Zarro Great Comics club and the Silver Streak comics button, this one of the rarest of the comic book club buttons. Ted Hake has only had maybe 3 of these in 45 years of his auctions. Several years ago I paid just over $600. for a mint one. Haven't seen one since. Walter Koneg (from Star Trek) who is probably the biggest collector of comic character pinbacks doesn't even have one.

1-1/4" red and blue on white cello

Obvious defect is the complete rim stain. It does not obscure the type around the edge and the picture of him in the center is clean and bright. Flat, no cracks, splits and no scratches just that darn stain...

There is a lot of interest in Nedor comics but there are MANY more comics out there than this button. If you want to own the rarest of the rare, now is your chance. On stuff like this, you just can't hold out "for a better one"

$150.00 + $2.50 postage

americaneaglepin_zpsghkfcroq.jpg

Sold to Norrins! A rare one Greg glad you got it!

I look forward to these threads Robot, so please continue them from time to time!

I enjoy them too Greg. I do believe this stuff has a strong coralation to the comic books themselves. As long as good fellows like yourself buy a few of them, I will keep them coming. Problem is, it is getting near impossible to replace this stuff once it's sold...

I look forward to these threads Robot, so please continue them from time to time!

I enjoy them too Greg. I do believe this stuff has a strong coralation to the comic books themselves. As long as good fellows like yourself buy a few of them, I will keep them coming. Problem is, it is getting near impossible to replace this stuff once it's sold...

As I said, more than a correlation. It’s "promotional material" but in the end it’s part of the comics. Not like today, where "merchandising" has gobbled up content. :foryou:

This material is just amazing Robot Man – I believe it is mostly a question of timing, and of course the people able to appreciate these are few, not the majority of younger collectors aiming for Marvel/DC Silver and Bronze.

I strongly hope you’ll continue to list these: for the discerning collectors in Italy this material is entirely impossible to find.

Man, if I had at least a Shock Gibson comic book I would have been seriously tempted by the button… Not to mention the Fu Manchu one and the Plastic Man is awesome too… :foryou:

Thanks Claudio. A lot of this stuff is near impossible to find even here. I have always appreciated the premiums advertised in the comic books as much as the comics themselves. I learned long ago how impossibly rare a lot of this stuff is. We have become a community of high grade slab chasers. Sadly, there is a lot less interest in is what is behind the cover.

Don't worry, I will continue to sprinkle in a little of the "other stuff" in my future sales threads but will probably keep them more comic book driven.

I believe I have been "somewhat stupid", as at a recent auction they listed in a lot two of the earliest Centaur italian editions, including the first apperance of Shock Gibson. They are from around 1945 and lasted very little: these, actually, were "one shots".

They are super-super-rare, and they sold for slightly above 130 Euro… :ohnoez:

You can see them here:

https://new.liveauctioneers.com/item/49714669_pupazzetto-supplementi

Maybe I would have not kept them but they could have been of interest to some of you (SACentaur, Sardo, Ryan)…

l53vAPDl.jpg

Man, Those are cool Claudio! Too bad you didn't get them. The Shock Gibson book is the cover to Speed #1 (not a Centaur). The other is a Centaur comic. I am certain that GA-Tor or any other Centaur collectors don't have one. Problem is, as cool as they are, they just aren't worth what the US editions are and probably have limited interest. That being said, they are very cool and probably unique and I would love to have them both!

Man, Those are cool Claudio! Too bad you didn't get them. The Shock Gibson book is the cover to Speed #1 (not a Centaur). The other is a Centaur comic. I am certain that GA-Tor or any other Centaur collectors don't have one. Problem is, as cool as they are, they just aren't worth what the US editions are and probably have limited interest. That being said, they are very cool and probably unique and I would love to have them both!

Right, they are pretty rare, and at the same time not sought after, as most of the Golden Age (including Timely) was never published in Italy.

Only recently, a more aware "strain" of collectors started actively looking for these early, postwar editions of Centaur material. So, if one is not paying attention, in some cases they can be obtained "for a song" (I should have bid on them = 130 Euro is ridiculous for the pair).

I see "Brookwood" as the publisher: was that a pre-Harvey label? Also, wasn’t Shock Gibson featured in an antology title previous to Speed #1?

Right, they are pretty rare, and at the same time not sought after, as most of the Golden Age (including Timely) was never published in Italy.

Only recently, a more aware "strain" of collectors started actively looking for these early, postwar editions of Centaur material. So, if one is not paying attention, in some cases they can be obtained "for a song" (I should have bid on them = 130 Euro is ridiculous for the pair).

I see "Brookwood" as the publisher: was that a pre-Harvey label? Also, wasn’t Shock Gibson featured in an antology title previous to Speed #1?

Brookwood is Harvey