• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM 129 - Grade In

18 posts in this topic

PGM Amazing Spider-man 129

The small crease bottom from right corner is not color breaking but rather dirt. Very small 1/18 (maybe smaller) tear by top staple on front cover, very light spine creases (can't tell if they color break as the wrap to back cover is white, if color break then very small/minimal)

Date on back cover is in pencil. Pages are W to OW with no tears but manufacturer's defect of several pages with the perforation holes at the bottom.

Thank you in advance.

asm129front_zpse72ntvao.jpg

asm129back_zpsocneq5r1.jpg

SKMBT_C65417051520330_0001_zpsvdqsampa.j

SKMBT_C65417051520331_0001_zpssm7mhvct.j

Close to where everyone was guessing.  8.0 was what I was expected.  No complaints with the pages coming back as White.  Presents well in person.

Edited by Squad008
Posting Grade

The small crease bottom from right corner is not color breaking but rather dirt.

It looks more like a color breaking crease that got dirty???? The back cover shot of that corner adds to my assumption.

I took a closer look at it and there is definitely dirt (some more can be seen halfway up the front right edge). I really can't tell one way or the other if there is also some color break. There is a small crease right above the dirt/crease which is hard to see in the scans.

This book has some abnormal non-color breaking creases along the front right/back left edge. The original owner had this book in the middle of a pile of ASM's stacked on top of each other in only bags with no backs. The books weren't neatly stacked leading to some pressure being applied to either the spine or the right edge of various books.

Such a shame this wasn't properly preserved, would have been a much nicer book. At least it has a good home now.

I think 7.0/7.5 as it sits. The crease on the bottom bottom right FC, looks like a stain on the right edge FC, multiple spine ticks, edge wear FC, slight blunting top/bottom, two bends upper left BC, crease bottom left BC, a couple of micro-tears bottom edge BC, date in pencil, edge wear on the BC. I think a cleaning and a press could help enormously with this book. If that crease doesn't break color I think after a clean/press you could get an 8.0/8.5 with the spine ticks, micro-tears and edge wear being the primary defects.

Sweet book, squad, I agree with your grade.

I like when the perforations pop (a previously unopened book) and never saw them as a "defect" or even worth mentioning except when selling a comic I knew I'd never opened.

Am I wrong about the perforation holes at bottom?

Sweet book, squad, I agree with your grade.

I like when the perforations pop (a previously unopened book) and never saw them as a "defect" or even worth mentioning except when selling a comic I knew I'd never opened.

Am I wrong about the perforation holes at bottom?

Not sure but have been given the impression that manufacturer's defects count very little in lowering the grade as long as it is nothing major. I personally don't consider the perforations in older books to be a major defect, relatively common in pre 1980's books.

Thought 8.0 and bam - 8.0 it is.  Could have seen it going 7.5 based on books I've gotten back lately.