• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your most embarrassing post.

19 posts in this topic

BassG had the idea of starting a thread recounting our dumbest/most embarrassing posts and I decided to bring that idea to fruition. wink.gif I realize that some might be reluctant to dig up their past faux paus, but if you can't laugh at yourself someone else is going to do it for you. So, here is mine...which took me about 3 seconds to remember.

Here is the synopsis: I make fun of sfilosa for being a "CGC apologist" (we would later reprise this argument, albeit in a more civilized fashion, in the "is 9.2 enough" thread); Tim slams me for being a "know nothing newbie"; I pu$$ out delete my original post and the Beyonder calls me a "wimp". boo.gif Great memories, great memories indeed. cloud9.gif

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...part=2&vc=1

I don't even know where to look for it, but I whined in one of my first posts about being rated "1 star" back in the days when members were rated. I'm sure there are several others that I don't remember right now.

OK, here is mine, probably politically incorrect and a little insensitive to the few female members of the forum. Beyonder chastised me about this thread as soon as I met him at the last Chicago dinner. It was probably well deserved. What was I thinking?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=564623&page=&fpart=1&vc=1

1. Frozen Milkshake leads to near fatal Spoon in Nose.

2. Exploding theater Sign leads to near Electrocution and Blindness.

3. Emphatic hand gestures lead to Nose Bashing.

4.Flamming Popcorn Kernel of Death lead to Sexual Harassment Charges.

5. Steaming hot grease from a pepperoni roll flies into my eye.

ouch 27_laughing.gif, i am thinking trying to coin the phrase hulkish, and then telling people they could quote me on that, like i am some badass hulk afficianado (have like 30 moderns with hulk and some defenders) :P

OK, here is mine, probably politically incorrect and a little insensitive to the few female members of the forum. Beyonder chastised me about this thread as soon as I met him at the last Chicago dinner. It was probably well deserved. What was I thinking?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...part=1&vc=1

I really don't remember that particular discussion in Chicago. Might have had something to do with the alcohol.

What did my rant entail?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=564623&page=&fpart=1&vc=1

I really don't remember that paticular discussion in Chicago. Might have had something to do with the alcohol.

What did my rant entail?

Probably something about the Dazzler being the best character drawn by Byrne!

I really don't remember that paticular discussion in Chicago. Might have had something to do with the alcohol.

What did my rant entail?

Well, you really weren't mad that I posted it, you just said that you couldn't believe I WOULD post something like that. You also said that you had written out a response several times but never actually posted it.

Here is the synopsis: I make fun of sfilosa for being a "CGC apologist" (we would later reprise this argument, albeit in a more civilized fashion, in the "is 9.2 enough" thread); Tim slams me for being a "know nothing newbie";

acclaim.gif

My most embarassing post was where I accused Mere123 of being a bogus poster who was just here to make fun of the "comic nerds". And then it turned out she was Eric123's girlfriend. blush.gif But I think I apologized in sufficiently charming style. yeahok.gif

Here is the synopsis: I make fun of sfilosa for being a "CGC apologist" (we would later reprise this argument, albeit in a more civilized fashion, in the "is 9.2 enough" thread); Tim slams me for being a "know nothing newbie";

acclaim.gif

I don't forget anything. mad.gifsumo.gif

Even though you were right. tongue.gif