• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reasonable multiple you would pay on 9.9 slab vs. 9.8 for 10 year old comic?

44 posts in this topic

SCS?

Shaken Slab Syndrome - potential occurrence during shipping or playing football with a slabbed comic.

No way I would pay a premium or even buy a slabbed book that is 10 years old in 9.9/10.0 and most likely wouldn't buy a 10 year old book at all but that not my collecting focus so to each his own.

I'd rather have a 10.0 Aurora Comics Scene book of which there are tons of most of the characters and go cheap for a decades old book.

Thanks. Learning every day.

I meant to type SCS=Shaken Comic Syndrome. I always call it Shaken Slabe Syndrome but you get the idea.

How hard must one shake a slabbed comic to do some damage?

SCS?

Shaken Slab Syndrome - potential occurrence during shipping or playing football with a slabbed comic.

No way I would pay a premium or even buy a slabbed book that is 10 years old in 9.9/10.0 and most likely wouldn't buy a 10 year old book at all but that not my collecting focus so to each his own.

I'd rather have a 10.0 Aurora Comics Scene book of which there are tons of most of the characters and go cheap for a decades old book.

Thanks. Learning every day.

I meant to type SCS=Shaken Comic Syndrome. I always call it Shaken Slabe Syndrome but you get the idea.

How hard must one shake a slabbed comic to do some damage?

Depends on the type of inner well and how tightly the comic is secured. If you have a solid inner well and a loose comic, SCS is very likely with a moderate impact. However, if you have the floating type of inner well (not sure of correct term) where there are no solid sides to impact and the comic is tightly secured, it would take a very hard impact....

I received a CGC comic once with the solid inner well and the comic was so loose that it would move from side to side if you just tilted the slab. That book had SCS all over it.

1% over the 9.8 price, reflecting the added improvement in grade on a 10 point scale.

When you happen upon the Hulk #181 CGC 9.9, let me know, so that I can buy it from you for 1% more than the 9.8 price. :grin: