• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Secret Wars 8

5 posts in this topic

Hi Folks,

I have a pretty nice copy of Secret Wars 8, but the cover isn't perfectly centred and there is some weird creasing along the top. I'm assuming that this is a printing error, but I thought that I'd see what other opinions may be out there.

Front

qCkdJ9w

Back

CEHqjY4

zgQStxZ

VpXBygi

Apologies--the scans aren't perfect as they were done with my phone. The picture of the front looks worse than it is. The line at the top is even. There are no pieces missing, and the crease is light despite the fact that it goes across much of the top.

Thanks for any input.

Edit: Maybe I don't have enough posts to link a photo?

I should also mention that the crease doesn't break colour. That's the light reflecting.

Speaking as someone who just got two Secret Wars 8's back from CGC, I would say 8.5 for the long crease on top and the waviness along the bottom. Maybe a 9 if you buy the grader a couple drinks. ;)

Seems like a pressing candidate, though I'm no expert on that stuff...

Posting images has nothing to do with # of posts. These forums let all members post what they want, and moderators review everything. I think you didn't embed your imgur links correctly. Try editing the post.

By comparison, here's a 9.2-9.4 somebody posted a while back: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=383221&Number=8720726#Post8720726

The 2 copies I slabbed, which looked nicer than yours -- sorry -- came back 9.2 and 9.4.

This is a plentiful book, so if you really want a 9.6 or 9.8 your best bet is probably to buy one, and not waste the effort to press and submit.

By comparison, here's a 9.2-9.4 somebody posted a while back: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=383221&Number=8720726#Post8720726

The 2 copies I slabbed, which looked nicer than yours -- sorry -- came back 9.2 and 9.4.

This is a plentiful book, so if you really want a 9.6 or 9.8 your best bet is probably to buy one, and not waste the effort to press and submit.

+1