• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Chamber of Chills 19

16 posts in this topic

Just picked this copy up from a fellow boardie (thanks again Adam!). Super excited as it is one of my favorite comic book covers of all time! So glad to have this nice presenting copy.

Cover and centerfold are firmly attached and the staples are rust-free. The only glaring issues seem to be on the front cover: some spine wear and a tear right above the lady in red's head. There is no tape or other interior issues on this copy. If only the front cover looked as nice as the back! Either way, let me know what you guys think. I might get this one slabbed, but only after I have had a chance to read it :)

Many thanks in advance!

CoC_19_F_zpspbmkeexn.jpg

CoC_19_B_zpswkc8c5ur.jpg

Thank's everyone for the feedback so far!

1950's war comics- Possibly in the future to rule out any restoration. The comic is from a reputable board member so my suspicions aren't high.

divad - I agree! Took me a while to find a copy that presented as nice as this one with minimal structural issues. I had to jump on it as I was quickly getting priced out on a copy. Saw a copy with rusty staples just went for close to $1700 on eBay :o not sure if those prices are here to stay, but I am happy with my acquisition.

Great copy! I have a slabbed 4.0 copy with a generally similar amount of wear, and a 1" tear on the right side in a similar place. I think the tear on yours is just a bit longer, and will cap the grade at 3.5. Very nice colors. (thumbs u

Great copy! I have a slabbed 4.0 copy with a generally similar amount of wear, and a 1" tear on the right side in a similar place. I think the tear on yours is just a bit longer, and will cap the grade at 3.5. Very nice colors. (thumbs u

Thanks Point Five. Do you happen to have a front and back scan you could share? Would love to see your copy.

Thanks Point Five. Do you happen to have a front and back scan you could share? Would love to see your copy.

Sorry, just saw this. I don't have scans, but will try to get a few photos for you.