• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Could a 6.0 have a detached centerfold?

23 posts in this topic

I have a 7.5 with no notice of a staple detach either. I'm thinking that it may be due to jarring to the case - the book slides but the cover stays put because it is contact with the inner well.

Or maybe it is just from encapsulation. Pretty sure this is also why CGC quit putting micro-chamber paper next to the cover in DC issues, and moved placement back towards the interior - the added bulk can cause a staple pop, especially once the book is smooshed into the well.

I don't know if this has any bearing but I had a blue label 7.0 that had a detached cover on the bottom staple and it wasn't noted on the label. No idea though if a centerfold could also be treated this way where its not noted on the label. Might depend on how long ago it was graded. I brought that up way back on the forums when I first got it and called CGC for grader notes and it was listed on the notes but not the label.

Mine wasn't from jarring. I bought the book off ebay (and if I remember which one it was a Marvel spotlight #29 30 cent variant) and when I received it noticed the staple was detached. It was not listed on the label and it was not listed in the eBay listing either and I can tell you was a bit disappointing (was years ago) and why I brought it up on the boards because in my opinion a detached staple should always be listed on the label. I can say for certainty that if I knew it had a detached staple I would have never bought the book. Anyways the day I got it I called cgc and got the graders notes when it was free to get notes and it was listed in the notes as a 7.0 and had a detached staple. This is the primary reason I no longer waste my time buying CGC books on eBay especially now with having to pay to get graders notes. I only buy CGC books in person and in fact I only have 1 CGC book in my collection as of right now.

Book below I sold awhile back but this is the 7.0 with detached staple, no listing on book but is in the graders notes at CGC.

167242.jpg.420cc55af9593529e34f86cf9cec2548.jpg

Certification Number:

Grade Date:

Title:

Issue:

Issue Date:

Publisher:

Variant:

Pedigree:

Category:

Grade:

Page Quality:

Grade Text:

Art Comments:

Key Comments:

Issue Year:

Grader Notes:

'2012 Certified Guaranty Company, LLC All rights reserved.

The customerer may view, copy, print out, and use the content herein solely for your personal use, provided that the content is used for informational and noncommercial purposes only. The use of any such content for

commercial purposes is expressly forbidden.

Reasonable efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and integrity of information and related materials provided by CGC but CGC is not responsible for misprints, out of date information, technical inaccuracies,

typographical or other errors appearing herein. These notes and all information and related materials they contain are provided "as is." CGC makes no claims or warranty whatsoever regarding the completeness,

accuracy, currency, or adequacy of, the information and materials it contains. See CGC’s Limited Guarantee for specific terms and conditions. www.cgccomics.com/about/written-guarantee.asp.

01/03/17

11/11/09

Tomb of Dracula

7/73

Marvel Comics

Universal

OFF-WHITE TO WHITE

Marv Wolfman story

Gene Colan and Jack Abel art

Gil Kane and Tom Palmer cover

1st appearance of Blade

the Vampire Slayer.