• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Could a 6.0 have a detached centerfold?

23 posts in this topic

I recently picked up this book because it just looked to good to be a 6.0 but then it got me thinking, could one staple be detached on the CF? The back looks great as well but just curious as to why it's a 6.0

The spot in the bottom left corner is just the inner well.

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

jRwAxgl.jpg

Would one staple be noted on the label?

I thought that it's only noted if both staples are detached.

Isn't a detached centerfold considered a 4.0?

This was brought up recently, and someone posted a 7.0 with a detached centerfold.

It's not a complete cover crease just in the top right and it looks worse in the picture.

If you really need to know then buy the notes, should be only 5 bucks. Otherwise, it seems like you are trying to downplay the crease and talk us into a detached staple. Let's just say we all said yes, a detached staple, then what ? In summary, what's the point of all this. You asked, we said it's the crease.

I don't know if this has any bearing but I had a blue label 7.0 that had a detached cover on the bottom staple and it wasn't noted on the label. No idea though if a centerfold could also be treated this way where its not noted on the label. Might depend on how long ago it was graded. I brought that up way back on the forums when I first got it and called CGC for grader notes and it was listed on the notes but not the label.

I have a 7.5 with no notice of a staple detach either. I'm thinking that it may be due to jarring to the case - the book slides but the cover stays put because it is contact with the inner well.

Or maybe it is just from encapsulation. Pretty sure this is also why CGC quit putting micro-chamber paper next to the cover in DC issues, and moved placement back towards the interior - the added bulk can cause a staple pop, especially once the book is smooshed into the well.

I don't know if this has any bearing but I had a blue label 7.0 that had a detached cover on the bottom staple and it wasn't noted on the label. No idea though if a centerfold could also be treated this way where its not noted on the label. Might depend on how long ago it was graded. I brought that up way back on the forums when I first got it and called CGC for grader notes and it was listed on the notes but not the label.

I have a 7.5 with no notice of a staple detach either. I'm thinking that it may be due to jarring to the case - the book slides but the cover stays put because it is contact with the inner well.

I've seen that happen. The cover stays attached to the inner well, static electricity or something, while the rest of the book moves around. I would send it back to CGC and have them look at it.

I've seen that happen. The cover stays attached to the inner well, static electricity or something, while the rest of the book moves around. I would send it back to CGC and have them look at it.

I didn't notice it until I cracked it out, so that ship has sailed. I checked back with the seller's scan and could clearly see it, now that I knew what I was looking for :sorry:

I didn't realize that a "detached"=anything could come back with as high as a 7.0..... hmmm

I have a ASM 129 coming in FEB back from CGC, anyway the cover was barely attached when I dropped it off to be signed.... idk but the inside pages could have been in "ok" shape but the cover had some spine splitting toward staple so by the time it makes it to the CGC grading....ahem...who knows how it'll end up :):makepoint: it had a MJI insert that was detached at one staple and attached on the other staple ....sigh.... this is either going to be a shoot or gamble etc (thumbs u